Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th September 2016, 11:37   #1
mn757

75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

Default Kbus query - Symphony

Hi all,

I bought a CD changer to accompany the Symphony that I removed from my mk1 75 and fitted to a mk2 ZT. The CD changer powers up but the head unit doesn't recognise it. Having searched on here, it appears to be a kbus issue. The lead from the Symphony to the CD changer has a kbus wire that had been cut half way along. If I join this I still have no control over the changer. Should the white/pink/yellow wire go from heads unit to changer, or does it go somewhere in between ?

My Symphony doesn't dim properly with the fascia dimmer, I assume this is related ?

kind regards

Martin.
mn757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 20:39   #2
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

In the OE loom for the Symphony, the K-Bus cable has a sealed joint with one cable to the CD changer and the other to pin 19 of the blue mini ISO connector for the Symphony.

Later audio looms have the K-Bus on pin 1 in the grey ISO connector. The Symphony uses that pin for the phone mute input, as that can cause problems. The general advice is to remove or cut the cable when fitting a Symphony to a later loom.

If that is what has happened, check that the K-Bus is connected to both the blue mini ISO connector and the CD changer.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 18:58   #3
mn757

75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

Default Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I have the earlier loom with the K-bus on the blue block, This cable runs to the CD changer but still nothing. I'm wondering if I've bought a dud changer. On the bright side, the symphony illumination dimmer now works with the k-bus connected.
mn757 is offline   Reply With Quote