Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd December 2022, 09:59   #13991
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
Funny enough Mike, the last window lift I had fail was on my old Freelander. The left rear failed in the down position while crossing the US border. (You have to wind down both windows on the inspection booth side so they can see if you are smuggling fresh fruit or terrorists). Hopefully the ZT unit is as easy to sort out.
Yes those US Border guys haven't got any idea of irony...

Apparently the answer to "Have you got any firearms?", is most definitely not...

"Why, am I going to need one?".

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2022, 16:49   #13992
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Both front fog lights didnt work so I took the bulbs out, on one the there was no glass whatsoever on it and the other, the glass had become loose from the metal, a pair from the spare bulbs box and all is well again.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2022, 17:59   #13993
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Default New badge

Sprucing up the rear end!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20221022_165824.jpg (124.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20221022_165946.jpg (123.4 KB, 26 views)
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2022, 20:00   #13994
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Thumbs up Brilliant 2Diesels

Someone needs to thank 2Diesels for the brilliant work he has done on those Sills and the value of those photos he has posted. So I am congratulating him here. Quite uplifting to see what can be done to keep these motors going - certainly better than giving up and dragging a car off to the breakers as too many do!
Well done and thanks
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2022, 22:20   #13995
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagetha View Post
Yes those US Border guys haven't got any idea of irony...

Apparently the answer to "Have you got any firearms?", is most definitely not...
"Why, am I going to need one?".
Funny enough I happen to have a US Border firearm story.
A month after the 911 attack a friend and I attended a shooting competition in Washington State. We were shooting old military Lee-Enfields and had them in the boot. At this point, after the terrorist attack the National Guard were still manning the US side of the US/Canada border, and of course we answered, "Yes, we do have firearms!" They had us pull them out of the boot and the Guardsmen had a really good look at them (They were quite a bit different from their M-16s!) and spent a few minutes playing with them before saying, good luck in the competition and sending us on our way. I have no idea what the people in line behind us were thinking.
For what it's worth we didn't win the competition but acquitted ourselves well!
Old 4th December 2022, 08:31   #13996
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
Someone needs to thank 2Diesels for the brilliant work he has done on those Sills and the value of those photos he has posted. So I am congratulating him here. Quite uplifting to see what can be done to keep these motors going - certainly better than giving up and dragging a car off to the breakers as too many do!
Well done and thanks
It’s nice to receive some recognition for the hard work we put into it.

The thanks are really due to my mate “Negative Phil” who has done a fantastic job of stitching it all together, I couldn’t do that. I’ve had all the exciting stuff like drilling out the 15 billion spotwelds to separate everything.

I bought that car sight unseen during the lockdowns of 2020 & pressed it into service as the 1.8 I was running at the time had waved it’s white flag. I ran the test off it & I kind of bonded with the car. It was during mot preparation the n/s/f jacking point collapsed & almost sealed it’s fate.

If I hadn’t had that mainly rust free write-off shell in my yard, then I don’t think you would be seeing these pics. We basically chopped both sides out of the car & unpicked the necessary panels. We deemed the rear end not to be good enough to keep, so have used a couple of Tom Hobb’s jacking points & rear end sill repair panels & reconstructed part of the inner sill on the n/s using off cuts from the rest of the job.

I have a BRG tourer in the yard which needs its rear ends done, so that will be dragged into the workshop next, once that’s done I think we’ll tackle my ZT 260 which needs a minor repair to the o/s/r sill.

After that it’s the turn of the P5B Coupe which although not horrendous will still need quite a bit of reconstruction.
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2022, 13:07   #13997
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Thumbs up

Totally agree with the sentiments of Rickshaw. Great job done by 2Diesels, one more saved from the scrapyard.
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2022, 16:29   #13998
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Replaced the NSF window regulator on RKZ.
Not much fun in a garage with only enough room to open the door 1/4 way.😞
Better than outside I suppose.🙄
All assembled and then found one of the central door card clips on the floor.🤬🤬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2022, 18:19   #13999
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

So today I attempted to sort the poorly working heater in Karens zt, warmish on the drivers side and cold on the other.
I drained the cooling system then flushed the heater matrix through on both pipes, no debris that I could see came out.

All back together it went then I refilled the system, took it out for a run and theres no improvement, one of the two pipes to the matrix is hot and the other a tad cooler.

I've already done the thermo mod but I dont think its working properly as the coolant never feels as hot as it should, so another I've ordered.
The heater matrix will be removed when the weather warms up and get cleaned properly.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2022, 19:07   #14000
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Dave. I have ordered a Peugeot super 5 thermostat for my diesel. 86 deg opening temp. Hope this will get the old girl nice and warm quicker than the original thermostat does.as I don’t think it is shutting closed properly Hope you and Karen are going ok. Not sure about your problem but I would imagine that the outlet pipe from the heater would be a bit cooler than the inlet. One of the flap motors have not stopped working and closed shut has it?

Last edited by bl52krz; 5th December 2022 at 19:11..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote