Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd October 2022, 07:21   #61
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Nano meet Sunday 23 October - Due to heavy rain , and hardly anyone expected for todays meet we have decided to call the meet off, the ground was waterlogged yesterday and will obviously be even worse today, the heavy rain is expected to continue until at least lunchtime

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2022, 07:29   #62
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Rain stops play

The last weekend meets of 2022 went ahead yesterday as the weather was kind to us, even so the ground was a little waterlogged once again a decent turn out with quite a few jobs being done.

today Sunday 23rd is different story having spoken to Rob about 08.00am with rain pouring down and the forecast for rain all day we have decided it would be best to cancel todays meet, Rob will still be going to the venue for about 30 minutes around 10.00am to pay the lady for the ground, and will hand about just in case anyone was to turn up, the ground will most certainly be even more waterlogged today, therefore that bring the end of the 2022 meets and we hope to have some more great meets for 2023.

A big thank you for all whom have attended and helped at the meets this year, they can only keep going with your support cheers Arctic.

PS Rob i need to be faster with my typing

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2022, 08:26   #63
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Thanks to Rob and Steve for organising yesterday. Good turn out. A fair few jobs got completed which is always good.

Looking forward to next year!

Ben.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2022, 08:59   #64
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Red face

A disappointing end to the Nano Meet year but a very wise decision. Hopefully no one travelling any distance will set off due to the weather.
The bright side is that although not perfect the Nano meets have a new home and hopefully for a long time, many thanks to all the Nano crew for the work they've done this year .

Here's to next year's meets, although there's still the Social Nights going ahead at the Dog and Partridge
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2022, 22:55   #65
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Saturdays Meet was looking like it was going to be a washout, but the sun god came out for us again. Although as has been stated, the ground was a bit water logged, Artic and Trebor managed to get some jobs done. Nice to see some old and new faces for the end of the year. The new venue is shaping up very nicely, and next year hopefully, more will attend, although their was quite a good turnout Saturday. Roll on next March.
Old 24th October 2022, 12:44   #66
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Well our last Nano meet of 2022 has come to an end and although we had a good Saturday, weather and attendance wise, we had to call Sunday off as there had been heavy rain overnight which was still coming down early morning and had flooded many roads leading to the venue and there were some cars broken down by the roadside who had been through the floods and the venue itself was waterlogged

So back to Saturday we had a decent turnout of 20 cars and more jobs are now being tackled so we are slowly getting back to some sort of normality for these meets where you will see a hive of activity and can help or just observe and maybe learn something you didnt know before, we are hoping that going forward we will see the return of a T4 to give free health checks to those that want one.

As ever a big thanks to everyone who turned up to this meet and especially the owners who travel a distance to attend, it can easily be taken for granted by those of us who are local but it really is appreciated that people are prepared to spend their time getting to us and their money considering the price of fuel currently

I took my Freelander 1 as had a few jobs to do, replace door lock drivers side, change windscreen scuttle cover and a couple of exterior window seals as mine had badly bubbled with rust as the metal inside the seal had rusted , thanks to John Aston for picking up the scuttle cover and window seals and bringing them to the meet for me, and also a big thanks to Les and Ben who helped me with my jobs

I took some pictures on Saturday which are on the pictures thread on the Nano forum for October, please take a look and if you have any of your own please post them on there

We have now had 3 Nano Meets at our new venue and have settled in quite nicely, we like the venue and they seem to like us , plus all the people who have attended have not mInded paying the £5 fee which is all passed onto the proprietors in exchange for using the venue

Now that we have a settled venue we can plan next years dates for the whole 12 months and will publish them early in the new year , with the 1st one likley to be in March 23, in the meantime thanks again to everyone who attended our Nano Meets in 2022, I hope you all have a nice Xmas and New Year and we will return in 2023 !

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2022, 16:59   #67
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

I haven't been to one of these meets but hope to be able to attend at least the first one in 2023 to meet some 75 owners. 2023 marks the 10th anniversary of buying my 75 (and before that, for eight years I had a Rover Sterling).

So I'll be looking out for dates etc.
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote