Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th July 2017, 13:48   #61
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortinadave View Post
I messaged about the car with a view to doing a deal too as Ive now got more cash and got no reply although in fairness I see he hasnt been on the forum this last week.

My problem is i need to get a car sorted as Im currently driving a borrowed micra(!) as my own ZT died so I cant really hold off much longer to see if he still wants to sell.

c'est la vie I guess.. a shame as Id really love this car

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=269769

?
Old 14th July 2017, 09:50   #62
Cortinadave
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Aye I saw the blue one. Looks a beauty but I'm maxxed at a grand for one, so its out of my price range!
Cortinadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 10:48   #63
mercedade
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+, Rover 820 Vitesse

Morning all - I seem to have missed most of this business, but just wanted to drop in to say I bought Phill's car from him on the 5th.

It's currently sat on my driveway, getting some love and attention whilst I whittle down the cars I own to a more reasonable number! I need to sell my Rover 820 Vitesse and Seat Leon Cupra - both with 12 months MOT.

Safe to say the MG is not getting broken or stripped of any parts - I love it, it's a fantastic car and whilst I think it was the top of the money for a 51 plate, I also think it was absolutely worth it. It'll be on the road as of Thursday, all being well.

Sorry to read that others might feel they were let down, I can honestly say I had no idea. Phill was a pleasure to deal with. I'll be sticking around here, hopefully still welcome!
mercedade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 18:17   #64
X10Rich
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190

HI - thanks for the post. I was the owner from 2009 to 2016, I'm glad its going to a good home. I have the drivers side lumber adjustment knob if you want it (I fitted new front seat covers and never fitted this back on.

It done me very well for the years I had it, and lots of money was spent on it

I'm just disappointed Phill never told me that it was sold to someone else, after I agreed to buy it back. But that's not your problem

I hope you enjoy the car. Please keep in touch.
X10Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 18:46   #65
mgzrjake
Loves to post

MG ZTT 135+ diesel, MGZS 180 saloon MK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10Rich View Post
HI - thanks for the post. I was the owner from 2009 to 2016, I'm glad its going to a good home. I have the drivers side lumber adjustment knob if you want it (I fitted new front seat covers and never fitted this back on.

It done me very well for the years I had it, and lots of money was spent on it

I'm just disappointed Phill never told me that it was sold to someone else, after I agreed to buy it back. But that's not your problem

Well said sold to a member, but as you say you agreed to buy it back and he sold it elsewhere, not the way to do business along with keeping very quiet on the whole thread and subject.
mgzrjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 18:48   #66
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedade View Post
I'll be sticking around here, hopefully still welcome!
Of course you are.

FWIW, I think you got a bargain.

Enjoy it
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 20:20   #67
X10Rich
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgzrjake View Post
Well said sold to a member, but as you say you agreed to buy it back and he sold it elsewhere, not the way to do business along with keeping very quiet on the whole thread and subject.
Yes, I have still not been told I'm not having it

Very glad I have not started renting the storage I had arranged for it.
X10Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 21:19   #68
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

A really quite interesting thread.

I followed this thread during the first few days and my feeling was that there were a few people hoping to get the OP's car for very little money by acting as a fallback in case he had no option but to trade it in at a silly low price.

If I had wanted the car, I would have made a reasonable offer to buy it on the basis of here is my one and only offer, take it or leave it. If the seller had accepted the offer, I would have agreed in writing and sent him part payment. In my view, unless this happens, there is no agreemnt to buy or sell.

It was the OP's car and he has chosen to sell it to a person of his choice at a price that he finds acceptable. That is the end of it. It reallty serves no useful purpose to criticise the OP's decision or the manner in which he has taken it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedade View Post
Morning all - I seem to have missed most of this business, but just wanted to drop in to say I bought Phill's car from him on the 5th.

It's currently sat on my driveway, getting some love and attention whilst I whittle down the cars I own to a more reasonable number! I need to sell my Rover 820 Vitesse and Seat Leon Cupra - both with 12 months MOT.

Safe to say the MG is not getting broken or stripped of any parts - I love it, it's a fantastic car and whilst I think it was the top of the money for a 51 plate, I also think it was absolutely worth it. It'll be on the road as of Thursday, all being well.

Sorry to read that others might feel they were let down, I can honestly say I had no idea. Phill was a pleasure to deal with. I'll be sticking around here, hopefully still welcome!
Well done and enjoy!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 21:54   #69
mercedade
Regular poster

Thanks for the welcomes, hopefully I'll be fairly active here (although not too much!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10Rich View Post

Absolutely will do.
Old 18th July 2017, 22:06   #70
mercedade
Regular poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgzrjake View Post
keeping very quiet on the whole thread and subject.
Just one last thing on this - I don't know Phil except as a man who I bought a car from, and had no idea of any other negotiations that were underway, but I did understand that his job has him working absurd hours (16+ hour caring shifts) often over two week stretches. I don't say this to excuse, just as a possible reason. I do understand the frustration it must have caused though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Well done and enjoy!
Thanks - and I hope to! Got a few niggles to sort (like non-functioning headlight washers and the like), but looking forward to getting a few miles under my belt soon.