Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th April 2020, 11:25   #61
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

What I might actually do is wire up another driver side plug for the passenger seat loom, in order to allow height adjustment of the passenger seat.. I know this requires some modification of a passenger seat - height mech and motor to be added, along with a LHD driver seat switch pack. But, if the loom is made ready to accommodate, the fettling of the seat can be left to a later date.

Cheers,
Karl.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2020, 12:50   #62
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
What I might actually do is wire up another driver side plug for the passenger seat loom, in order to allow height adjustment of the passenger seat.. I know this requires some modification of a passenger seat - height mech and motor to be added, along with a LHD driver seat switch pack. But, if the loom is made ready to accommodate, the fettling of the seat can be left to a later date.

Cheers,
Karl.
I made one in 2018. Need parts from a driver's seat and a passenger's seat + switches from a LHD driver's seat in order to do it. Once you've got the two seats together side by side it's not too difficult to see how to do it.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=287623
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2020, 00:59   #63
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

I've found a K-Bus wire (red and white with yellow) and what I believe to be a sidelight circuit wire (red/white) at the car-side plug for the stereo (see pdf attached).

Probably as easy to tap into these functions here as anywhere else?

Does anyone know what's the easiest ignition live to tap into? Or what colours these cables generally go by?

Cheers,
Karl.

Last edited by The Mighty Quinn; 1st May 2020 at 01:04..
Old 1st May 2020, 10:39   #64
elroy
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT

Thanked 1,158 Times in 643 Posts

Hi Karl, I tied mine into the back of the fuse box, the brown and grey and the brown and yellow in the pictures 😂 the wire with the green wire with tab on is for the electric rear blind. Hope the pictures are some help 😊IMG_20200501_111842.jpgIMG_20200501_112007.jpgIMG_20200501_112037.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2020, 11:04   #65
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy View Post
Hi Karl, I tied mine into the back of the fuse box, the brown and grey and the brown and yellow in the pictures �� the wire with the green wire with tab on is for the electric rear blind. Hope the pictures are some help ��Attachment 82493Attachment 82494Attachment 82495

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Thanks Roy.

Looks as though you have the earlier fusebox - mine looks more similar to the one in Rick-Sta's How-To. I expect that the cabling is the same colour, however

There's meant to be an ignition live at the cigarette lighter? I'll look for a brown/grey or a brown/yellow there

Cheers,
Karl.
Old 1st May 2020, 11:23   #66
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Default Cigarette lighter power.

Hello, both my 75 and ZT-T have constantly live cigarette lighter sockets, both are Mk1 versions. Hope that helps. Paul.
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2020, 13:48   #67
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
I've found a K-Bus wire (red and white with yellow) and what I believe to be a sidelight circuit wire (red/white) at the car-side plug for the stereo (see pdf attached).

Probably as easy to tap into these functions here as anywhere else?

Does anyone know what's the easiest ignition live to tap into? Or what colours these cables generally go by?

Cheers,
Karl.
Quote:
Thanks Roy.

Looks as though you have the earlier fusebox - mine looks more similar to the one in Rick-Sta's How-To. I expect that the cabling is the same colour, however

There's meant to be an ignition live at the cigarette lighter? I'll look for a brown/grey or a brown/yellow there

Cheers,
Karl.
Yes you can tap into the k-bus wire there. From memory on the last loom install I done I tapped into the k-bus at the LSM.

Possible ignition live feeds:
Light green/white coloured wire is ignition live. There's one that goes to the radio/head unit plug. It also runs to the AC unit, pin 3 on the white plug.

If you have cruise control, the blue/white wire which goes to pin 1 of the cruise control black plug is ignition live.

if you have a rear power blind, the Light Green/Red wire in pin 1 of the green power blind plug is ignition live.

You can always use the wire you connect to the fuse box to power the seats if you've used an ignition live fuse slot.

Best to test the wire with a multimeter to ensure it's ignition live to make sure you have the correct wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsafly View Post
Hello, both my 75 and ZT-T have constantly live cigarette lighter sockets, both are Mk1 versions. Hope that helps. Paul.
The earlier cars had a permanent live cigarette lighter socket, this was changed to ignition live on the later cars. I believe cars with the earlier style fuse box with the standard size fuses has it permanent live, and the cars with the later style mini fuse blade fuses has it ignition live.
Old 1st May 2020, 14:28   #68
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Thanks for that Rick, I would have prefered mine to have been ignition switched for convenience with my dash cams, because the screens turn off after 2 minutes I often forget to turn them off when I park up and that irritates me!
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2020, 15:29   #69
Rick-sta
This is my second home

My dash cam installs I just take the power directly from an ignition live fuse slot on the fuse box using a fuse tap. If your dash cam doesn't come with a hard wire kit you can get this off ebay and plug your dash cam cigarette lighter plug into this and then connect the positive wire to the fuse box and the negative wire to an earth.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-24V-D...4AAOSw0i9eaKcP
Old 1st May 2020, 16:28   #70
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Yes you can tap into the k-bus wire there. From memory on the last loom install I done I tapped into the k-bus at the LSM.

Possible ignition live feeds:
Light green/white coloured wire is ignition live. There's one that goes to the radio/head unit plug. It also runs to the AC unit, pin 3 on the white plug.

If you have cruise control, the blue/white wire which goes to pin 1 of the cruise control black plug is ignition live.

if you have a rear power blind, the Light Green/Red wire in pin 1 of the green power blind plug is ignition live.

You can always use the wire you connect to the fuse box to power the seats if you've used an ignition live fuse slot.

Best to test the wire with a multimeter to ensure it's ignition live to make sure you have the correct wire

The earlier cars had a permanent live cigarette lighter socket, this was changed to ignition live on the later cars. I believe cars with the earlier style fuse box with the standard size fuses has it permanent live, and the cars with the later style mini fuse blade fuses has it ignition live.

Thanks Rick

Yeah, I'm going to take power for both seats from fusebox slots 49 & 51 (same as in your How-To). Just checking as I need to tap into another ignition live for pin 4 of the heated seat switches (for the green light when the heating elements are on). Easy to tap into the stereo harness (light green/white wire) for this

So, power from fusebox to each seat, and then K-Bus (for memory function), sidelight circuit (for switch illumination) and ignition live feeds (for switch green lights) can be tapped into at the stereo harness (car-side) - piece of cake

But that does clear things up fairly comprehensively - thanks for posting the info.

Cheers,
Karl.