Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th December 2021, 18:09   #161
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

remember how we used to be grateful for the sacrifices made during the WWII (as well as others of course). It makes the 'sacrifice' of wearing a mask quite ironic.

Here, for the conspiracy theorists and whingers, are some arguments to back up their claims.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2021, 15:45   #162
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I've just read the government wants to attract retired teachers back into the classroom to plug the gaps. Well, as a retired university lecturer who was originally a maths teacher, no matter how high the rate, I would not be interested. There's far too much covid amongst the young.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2021, 15:54   #163
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I've just read the government wants to attract retired teachers back into the classroom to plug the gaps. Well, as a retired university lecturer who was originally a maths teacher, no matter how high the rate, I would not be interested. There's far too much covid amongst the young.
From what my niece tells me, most if not all of her lectures are expected to be conducted remotely. If this was to transpire to be, would you reconsider?

Old 16th December 2021, 18:42   #164
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Not interested really, I’m well retired and far from my subject now, could just about manage gcse maths. Twenty years ago I used to champion delivering remote learning to our undergraduates. Nobody took me seriously.
Old 16th December 2021, 18:59   #165
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Not interested really, I’m well retired and far from my subject now, could just about manage gcse maths. Twenty years ago I used to champion delivering remote learning to our undergraduates. Nobody took me seriously.
Ah, I can understand that. Though, I had thought you had started to see the benefits in the reduction of the spread of this virus, by avoiding crowded confined spaces.

Old 19th December 2021, 10:13   #166
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Some more restrictions must be on there way, hopefully not a lockdown. I believe we should with a few more measures in place, just toughen it out. Get the gps to check people I’ll with the virus at home, where possible. The worst should be over in a few weeks.
Old 19th December 2021, 15:21   #167
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Me too. I loved teaching when I started but the hassles and political correctness just ruined any job satisfaction in the end. Let teachers teach in their own way and good or bad will soon show in results! (or not!)
Old 19th December 2021, 17:52   #168
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

My daughter is a teacher at Newcastle college, some of the stories she tells about classroom life are unreal, I could not do her job whatever salary was offered.
Old 19th December 2021, 18:20   #169
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The wifes Daughter has just got Covid, she lives in London and apparently most of her friends have it at the moment, they are thinking they should have a Covid Christmas as none of them can go home for the event. Not sure how legal that is. This is the second time she has had Covid and was due a booster in a week. The wife is heartbroken as she was supposed to be coming home on Thursday, I will be sending her a parcel tomorrow.

My Barber was telling me her daughter is a teacher and most of her pupils are off with Covid and the out of the 6 that are left only two have not had it.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2021, 18:31   #170
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
My daughter is a teacher at Newcastle college, some of the stories she tells about classroom life are unreal, I could not do her job whatever salary was offered.
I know three very competent qualified and experienced teachers who decided to walk away from teaching just last July. All f them science teachers. The job is very stressful and made far worse by the academy trusts using government funding to build up (incompetent) layers of non-teaching management and starving the teaching professionals of the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Me too. I loved teaching when I started but the hassles and political correctness just ruined any job satisfaction in the end. Let teachers teach in their own way and good or bad will soon show in results! (or not!)
This is a genuine question. Why do you highlight political correctness but not being undervalued, expected to meet artificial and unrealistic targets, generally being c*****d on...

Quote:
You could do what I do. Teach as a volunteer. Then you do not have to get involved in the admin etc. and can focus on educational excellence. Last year, out of my 12 Further Engineering Maths students, 8 achieved the highest grade of a distinction. This year I am also running extra evening and holiday time online lessons for students who could not afford private tuition but wish to do well by putting in the extra learning timeand effort. I am expecting every one of my students to achieve a distinction in Further Engineering Maths and Calculus for Engineering subjects in their assessments at college.

One can achieve a lot of personal satisfaction and help young people achieve their best yet avoid the stresses of a teaching job.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote