Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th June 2014, 19:39   #1
chas_1
Regular poster

ROVER 75 SALOON

Default Sub Wiring

I have never installed a sub but have been given a Pioneer active sub,have bought a wiring kit and studied posts on here as to where to pass power cable thru the bulk head and along the inside of the carpet trims.I understand all until we get to the rear seats (Its a saloon)Where does the cable go? do I take out the seat base? and into the boot that way or is there an easier way?.Also the phono lead and remote switch lead,i know they have to be installed on the other side of the car do I just pass them randomly at the back of the radio and glove box and then hide them behind trim all the way to the boot as power leads or is there a better way?? would love to get this done tomorrow

Regards

Chas
chas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2014, 22:28   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_1 View Post
I have never installed a sub but have been given a Pioneer active sub,have bought a wiring kit and studied posts on here as to where to pass power cable thru the bulk head and along the inside of the carpet trims.I understand all until we get to the rear seats (Its a saloon)Where does the cable go? do I take out the seat base? and into the boot that way or is there an easier way?.Also the phono lead and remote switch lead,i know they have to be installed on the other side of the car do I just pass them randomly at the back of the radio and glove box and then hide them behind trim all the way to the boot as power leads or is there a better way?? would love to get this done tomorrow

Regards

Chas
Hi Chas,

So you already know how to get the power cable through the bulk head so that's the hard part done
When you reach the rear you can remove the rear seat side squabs by pushing them firmly upwards.
You can then gain entry into the boot from there and be able to hide the cables.
You can do this both sides for the power cable and the remote wire and phono lead the other side.
With the phono and remote wire if you undo the fuse inspection cover you can run these cables under there and up into the centre console.
Make sure you put the fuse holder at the battery end and not the amp end and make sure the earth wire is strapped down onto clean metal.
Hope that gives you some pointers
Don't forget to post some pictures up of your finished install
Old 28th June 2014, 17:13   #3
chas_1
Regular poster

ROVER 75 SALOON

Default Sub Wiring(Again)

Good evening all,i have managed to get the power from the battery to the boot and tested it all ok so far.To get the cd player out I have had to take out the single din adaptor (eye brow etc etc ) I have connected up the remote (blue) wire and plugged in the phono lead but now cant get the fuse box cover off on the passenger side foot well two fixings on the front undo and the cover drops down about an inch but that's it two fixings on the back wont undo am I missing something I have packed all cables behind the stereo and have the biggest sulk on ever surely it cant be this hard doing my nut in now
chas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 17:37   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_1 View Post
Good evening all,i have managed to get the power from the battery to the boot and tested it all ok so far.To get the cd player out I have had to take out the single din adaptor (eye brow etc etc ) I have connected up the remote (blue) wire and plugged in the phono lead but now cant get the fuse box cover off on the passenger side foot well two fixings on the front undo and the cover drops down about an inch but that's it two fixings on the back wont undo am I missing something I have packed all cables behind the stereo and have the biggest sulk on ever surely it cant be this hard doing my nut in now
You don't need to remove the rear screws.
Just flex the right hand side of the fuse box cover inwards towards the passenger door and it should drop down.
It catches against the centre console so you have to teeze it