Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th May 2018, 16:42   #1
chas_1
Regular poster

ROVER 75 SALOON

Default 2004 MGZT Radio wiring

Hi all proud owner of a Ski Blue MGZT but have a problem with the ICE wiring I’ve removed the after market Pioneer CD Tuner and have found that the factory loom has been butchered and two ISO plugs have been wired in but none of the wiring colours match what should be there I have a blue connector with colours Yellow Orange Greenand Red wires looks like part of the original loom I have a green connector with colours Violet Blue and Orange this also appears to be part of the original loom I then have a Grey and a Brown ISO plugs that should be speakers and Power connectors none of the colours match the ISO guide colours ie Red Yellow Orange and Black on the power side or on the speakers side I also have a black connector that seems to be original loom containing Green Orange with a Blue tracer ,Violet with a Blue tracer,White with a Black tracer and Red with a white tracer Could someone tell me what all these colours connectors are for how to put loom back to standard ISO and if it’s an easy job and if not is there someone who can perform the surgery near or in Northampton.Cheers Chas
chas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 20:56   #2
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

The green connector has the cables for the steering wheel controls, the grey ISO connector on the car loom will be the power connector, the brown one for the speakers.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 17:19   #3
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykay View Post
The green connector has the cables for the steering wheel controls, the grey ISO connector on the car loom will be the power connector, the brown one for the speakers.
Anyone have a photo of this SW control green connector as I didn't find it when I put in a replacement Sony stereo? Should it be in the cavity behind the radio, does it feed the IR light in the 'eyebrow', and how many wires does it host?
Old 25th June 2018, 18:40   #4
raykay

Now Other Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
Anyone have a photo of this SW control green connector as I didn't find it when I put in a replacement Sony stereo? Should it be in the cavity behind the radio, does it feed the IR light in the 'eyebrow', and how many wires does it host?
The green mini ISO connector with the steering wheel control cables is part of the ICE loom in cars factory fitted with the single DIN stereos (except the ZT with a Kenwood)

The ZT originally fitted with a Kenwood stereo with infra-red steering wheel controls does not use that system.
Old 25th June 2018, 20:44   #5
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykay View Post
The green mini ISO connector with the steering wheel control cables is part of the ICE loom in cars factory fitted with the single DIN stereos (except the ZT with a Kenwood)

The ZT originally fitted with a Kenwood stereo with infra-red steering wheel controls does not use that system.
Thanks. Do you know if there is a connector where you can break into the IR cable (or won't it provide the right signals anyway). The Sony has a blue socket for a round push-in plug as input for the SW controls.
Old 25th June 2018, 20:53   #6
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

hi have a look at this thread and the links to stu's posts it worked when i fit my Sony to replace the ir Kenwood

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...1&share_type=t

also I got the audioleads patches off eBay a lot cheaper

Scott

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 21:51   #7
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Thanks. I'll have a look when I get more time as I'm still getting my head around it. I think I've ISO connectors on mine: grey [power] and brown [speakers] leading into a small square plug into the back of the Sony. The SW control signal goes into a blue jack - which is not currently connected. I still can't imagine how the plugs on the suggested [I think] PC99-X39 will fit without a lot of splicing (but I guess I need the control box on it). Anyway, here's a pic of the cabling I took before fitting...

Old 26th June 2018, 09:03   #8
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

that looks like mine the jack for the swc needs power supply which you can get by crimping a bullet connector on and fitting that to the red wire on your loom were there a shrouded socket for it.

then you need to trace the led from the eye brow to the ir box mounted behind the radioremove the box ( 2 x 8mm? nuts) and cut off the wire feeding in to the box strip it back to expose 2 wires and choc block or solder to the ones from from the swc box read the thread and links to Stu's posts it's fairly straight forward

sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2018, 09:09   #9
raykay

Now Other Manufacturer

The steering wheel control cables are Blue/Purple & Blue/Orange and in pins 2 & 3 of the grey ISO connector or on their own in a green mini ISO connector, except the ZT with the Kenwood infra-red system where the cables are Blue/ Purple and Black in the infra-red adapter box behind the stereo.

If the cables are in the ISO connector, it is plug and play with a PC99-X04 adapter lead and a PC99SON patch lead.

If they are only in the infra-red box, a bit of wiring alteration is needed.

Last edited by raykay; 26th June 2018 at 16:58..
Old 28th June 2018, 21:17   #10
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman View Post
that looks like mine the jack for the swc needs power supply which you can get by crimping a bullet connector on and fitting that to the red wire on your loom were there a shrouded socket for it.

then you need to trace the led from the eye brow to the ir box mounted behind the radioremove the box ( 2 x 8mm? nuts) and cut off the wire feeding in to the box strip it back to expose 2 wires and choc block or solder to the ones from from the swc box read the thread and links to Stu's posts it's fairly straight forward

I'll have another look for that box idc. Thanks.