Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th November 2019, 18:27   #1
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

Default HPFP - Refitted but elec plug with no socket

Hi

Thanks for all the guidance and using it I have replaced the HPFP.

A friend who's a mechanic told me not to just start up but to prime the pump by turning on the ignition and letting the in tank pump run for 30 seconds and then switching off and doing that several times.

But I haven't tried a start because I have an unconnected electrical plug! I can't find a nearby socket that has not got a plug in it. There's a bend in the stainless seel pipes leading away from the HPFP which has a bracket attached and electrical unit which is supposed to, I think, bolt onto that bracket. In my case it's tie wrapped on because I think someone shortened one of the wires leading to a plug which goes into it. I know that's the right plug because I never took it out! But there are wires which run straight into the unit and just before the unit three wires branch out of that and go to a plug. They look like a yellow, a blue and a yellow with a white longitudinal stripe and end in an orange plug.. It's a short lead and so the socket should be close by but I can't see one. It's very clean so hasn't been floating around for a while.

Edit: If someone could upload a photo of the engine with inlet manifold removed I reckon I would just be able to see what to do. I forgot to say that the crinkly outer sleeve ends in a grommet like it is suppoed to go through a housing. Then the three wires mentioned above carry on, uncovered, to the plug, and for clarification, the outer is black but the inner is orange.

It's not the EGR one, it wouldn't reach that, and in any case I marked that up. I'd temporarily fitted the inlet manifold (but not torqued it up) before I realised I should've take a photo. Should've done that in the first place and did take some but not this bit.

I am really nervous of attempting a start when I know something is not right - help welcome.

JohnnyBG

Last edited by JohnnyBG; 10th November 2019 at 20:06.. Reason: Add info
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote