Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th May 2010, 21:32   #1
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Default Test Cars, Prototypes & Development Vehicles

Be warned this is a Picture Heavy thread

I thought it might be a good idea to correlate all the various threads on MG Rover test and development vehicles.

I have set the cars out by make and model or variant.

I will add other MGR cars I have later.

If you have any more pictures of any test and development cars please post the details up along with any back story about them.

MG 'Rexton'

Reg. Unknown
Peter Stevens styled a Ssangyong Rexton 4x4 in 2004/5 in anticipation of a deal with SAIC to create an MG 4x4. The car still resides at Longbridge.

MG ZT-T's

VX08 OBW
A very strange car. Pictures taken at Austin Garages. The car has an emergency kill switch on the dashboard and a large air box.

BF52 UGG
This ZT-T was sitting on Land Rover Freelander runner Gear and was as such a 4WD ZT-T. Intrestingly for a development car it was fitted with Monogram Red Alcantara seats. The car was retained by NAC after the collapse of MGR, the car is now kept with the SAIC Motor Tech Centre

BU03 BGX
A ZT-T V8 Development Car. The car was one of the Last Development V8's.

X941 KOX
Owned by the forums own Tonybubble. It started life as a Rover 75 Tourer before being converted to ZT-T spec and being used by MG Sport and Racing. The car then passed to William Reily before Tony Dennis purchased it.

X706 UOK
This car is a real strange one. I know very little about it.

BU53 RNZ
An MG ZT-T V8 it appeared on ebay. Unsure of anymore of its history.

ZT's

BD02 HSE
A ZT Development car for the 1.8T Engine.

75 Tourer's

X541 JOH
Possibly another 4WD development Tourer. After the MGR collapse it remained in the Flight Shed at Longbridge. It is likely to have been crushed.

75's

BX54 OPL
Was the unique Long Wheel Base Rover 75. It has now sadly been crushed according to aronline.

VX58 LWC
This may well be the last ever registered Rover 75. It is believed to have either a G Series or JTD Diesel Engine.

BX54 OOC
A 75 Development car fitted with the JTD Diesel engine.

Rover 45

X586 JOV
This is a Genuine Rover 45 Tourer and was one of several produced before Honda put a stop to the program.

T80 RER
Another Rover 45 Tourer. This car was written off and then rebuilt as a facelift Rover 45.

Last edited by Rabett_Rover; 13th May 2010 at 16:11..
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote