Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th December 2017, 15:03   #31
Incastone
Avid contributor

MG ZT+ CDTi, 2003, HFF.

Another customer here that has paid and not received.

I understand if there are circumstances beyond his control that have caused delays, but that doesn't excuse the kind of NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- poor and completely unprofessional lack of communication/no response to messages etc.

If you're going to run a business, and take money, then do it NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- properly or not at all.
MG7 tail lights, spoilerless bootlid, new front wing, chrome bullets, chrome waist trim, Android DD, speaker upgrade, rebadge under repeater lights!
To Do:
Oil change/service, Viton O rings, Mini handbrake compensator.
Incastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 15:19   #32
stonerose72
Loves to post

Pearl Black MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incastone View Post
Another customer here that has paid and not received.

I understand if there are circumstances beyond his control that have caused delays, but that doesn't excuse the kind of NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- poor and completely unprofessional lack of communication/no response to messages etc.

If you're going to run a business, and take money, then do it NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- properly or not at all.
Well said! I am not one of his chums so I am on the side of fairness. People always seem to be chasing this guy for goods or money back.
stonerose72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:40   #33
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Still no reply from my PM.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:53   #34
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

This is the reply i got from him on the 22nd of December:

Pete , Ill issue a refund on the rings. they are still not with us from the factory. I bought them and have been chasing. I have light SETS but the rings still not have come to us as promised

Sean
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:22   #35
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Absolutely agree - It's not dropshipping - it's JIT (just in time) supply (or that's what its supposed to be).

Yes, No -- See below. As an aside sales assistants do it every day up and down the country. Another example is auction houses sell stuff they don't own all the time (although they usually have posession at the time of sale). When you order some carrots from the supermarket for delivery the next day - who do you think 'owns' those carrots while you pay the supermarket up front?........

Absolutely, and for traders able to pull it off smoothly it makes a great difference. Carrying stock paid for in advance with only a sales forecast to go on, or worse waiting for payment after supplying goods or services, can often make business's that are turning over well with good order books go under.
I am on about an item you do not own, as in the word ‘own’ I.e. possession. When you take an order to supply something you do not ‘own’,you are making a ‘promise’ to supply. Usually if you make a promise to supply an item, which you are on about, I think, by definition you are asked, or you give, a time or date when you will be able to supply the item. If you can not, or are unable to give an explanation as to why you can’t complete the transaction, I personally would contact the customer and explain why, and also offer them their money back. A simple procedure. These posts are the reason, that although the person we are on about ‘promises to supply, after you have paid money up front’, either partly or fully,that whet my appetite, I would not get involved with. And by the way, ‘Dropshiping’ is not what is happening here, that is unless his customers are receiving their goods from the manufacturer, and not the person referred to on here. Just thought I would clear that point up..

Last edited by bl52krz; 3rd January 2018 at 10:41.. Reason: Extra info added
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:11   #36
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletevl View Post
This is the reply i got from him on the 22nd of December:

Pete , Ill issue a refund on the rings. they are still not with us from the factory. I bought them and have been chasing. I have light SETS but the rings still not have come to us as promised

Sean
Thanks, i have heard nothing. I'm going to contact my card company now as im getting no where.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:16   #37
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I am on about an item you do not own, as in the word ‘own’ I.e. possession. When you take an order to supply something you do not ‘own’,you are making a ‘promise’ to supply. Usually if you make a promise to supply an item, which you are on about, I think, by definition you are asked, or you give, a time or date when you will be able to supply the item. If you can not, or are unable to give an explanation as to why you can’t complete the transaction, I personally would contact the customer and explain why, and also offer them their money back. A simple procedure. These posts are the reason, that although the person we are on about ‘promises to supply, after you have paid money up front’, either partly or fully,that whet my appetite, I would not get involved with. And by the way, ‘Dropshiping’ is not what is happening here, that is unless his customers are receiving their goods from the manufacturer, and not the person referred to on here. Just thought I would clear that point up..
I agree that failure to supply within the agreed (contracted?) time period should result in action to rectify from the seller. However what you originally posted suggested (IMHO) to a claim that the act of contracting to sell and taking money up front without possession of the goods would be fraud: and that is entirely wrong.

Quote:
Common sense should be employed before you make statements. My question to you is, can you sell something you do not own? A yes or no will do. Does the said action amount to fraud?

P.S. Maybe you have a contrast problem reading black text on a white background. If so, then I understand why all your posts are made in the striking bold blue colour - however could I ask that you remove the bolding and or revert to using black, or something less bright, please? Whenever I read your posts they always seem a little shouty because of the bright boldness of your text.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 17:13   #38
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Sorry about the colour, but I find it easier to read than black on white. I would suggest that you insert ‘lawman.co.uk into your browser and read. And again I say,you can not sell something you do not own. My Granddaughter is also studying law at university and agrees with me.I have no intention of getting into a long winded conversation, so this is my last post on this subject.

Last edited by bl52krz; 3rd January 2018 at 17:16..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 17:34   #39
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

lawman.co.uk

That didn't help very much.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 18:00   #40
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Sorry about the colour, but I find it easier to read than black on white. I would suggest that you insert ‘lawman.co.uk into your browser and read. And again I say,you can not sell something you do not own. My Granddaughter is also studying law at university and agrees with me.I have no intention of getting into a long winded conversation, so this is my last post on this subject.
I Understand the blue - but why bold? Anyway tried the lawman.co.uk' you suggested... it doesn't exist

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote