Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th January 2019, 11:01   #1
mbwoy84

MG ZT+ 120

Cool 54-Reg MG ZT+ 120 Facelift - Thousands spent. Stunning Car! *** SOLD

I'll keep the details as brief and to the point as possible:

2004 (54) MG ZT+ 120 Facelift
Starlight Silver
MOT October 2019 (No Advisories)
67,000 Miles
4 Owners
FSH
Fresh Major Service - Oil & Filter, Air Filter, Pollen Filter, Spark Plugs, Brake Fluid Flush, PAS Fluid Flush
New "Ultimate" Headgasket Kit Fitted (MLS Gasket, Steel Dowels, ARP Bolts, Rocker Gaskets)
New Full Cambelt Kit & Water Pump inc. Genuine OAT Coolant
New Full Clutch Kit, Concentric Slave Cylinder and Uprated Metal Master Cylinder & Clutch Lines (The CSC had gone, which is a common fault, so changed the clutch kit whilst it was apart as A. It was covered in fluid from the CSC and B. It looked around 70% worn so made no sense not to change it whilst it was apart! So I also went the whole hog and changed the Master Cylinder for the uprated type so the whole clutch system should be pretty well future-proofed and shouldn't need any attention for many years/miles to come). Obviously this means fresh clutch fluid too
New Genuine Gear Linkages (Noticed a slight kink in the one when refitting the clutch, so changed them and the gear changes feels just like a new car now)
Brand New exhaust with stainless Tailpipe
Recent Discs and pads all round
Recent New stepper motor/idle control valve
4 x Brand New Falken Tyres
18" Alloy wheels are all unmarked, including the full size spare, which is also fitted with a good tyre. New Centre Caps
Recent new uprated metal badges fitted all round, so none of the usual faded plastic badges (MG Octagons front and rear/Union Jack/Chequered Flag Badges rear side)
New Mats
Excellent Half Leather Interior
4 x Electric Windows
Air Conditioning
Factory VDO Head Unit with Handbook
New Drivers door locking mechanism
New Rear Door Check Straps

This is far from your usual tired ZT. The bodywork is exceptional and is virtually unmarked. The interior is also excellent with very little wear. It is meticulously maintained and has had serious money spent on it recently and has to be one of the very finest examples out there. It looks and drives almost like new and is a stunning car with low mileage and all the usual common problems rectified and should need no real expenditure for a good time to come. It has been repaired and maintained with money no object, I fitted the gasket kit known to be the best one available when I did the cambelt and water pump purely for longevity, it had already had a decent gasket fitted, but anything to prolong the life of a good car as much as possible!

£1995

Is the price open to negotation? Maybe a very little to a good home. It is important for me that this car goes to a good home, with an enthusiast owner. There are hardly any ZT's left in this sort of condition both cosmetically and mechanically. Please don't make me have to advertise this car on all the normal mainstream sites! Last year I sold my show-winning Trophy Blue TF to an MG Club member and my previous F/TF's are well known on the show circuit. But if you want a "cheap" ZT this isn't the car for you. If you want a ZT that requires no work doing to it and would cost more than this car to get a cheap ZT up to this standard then this is the car for you!

Located in Bridgnorth, Shropshire, but I would happily drive this car anywhere in the country if anyone wanted it to deliver. It really is a joy to drive.

Anyway, time to let some photos do the rest of the talking

Mike

mbwoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 17:19   #2
mbwoy84

MG ZT+ 120

Going to leave this until the weekend, then I'll be advertising it in all the usual mainstream places. I know it's a bit of cliche, but the photos really don't do this car justice, the almost flawless silver paintwork really does pop!

£1800 to a forum member. I would much rather this car goes to a good home with an MG/Rover enthusiast!
Old 7th May 2019, 19:31   #3
mbwoy84

MG ZT+ 120

Deposit taken!
Old 16th May 2019, 06:55   #4
mbwoy84

MG ZT+ 120

Now gone to its new home in South Wales!