Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th May 2019, 18:08   #1
mauzao
Regular poster

MG ZT

Default MAF Changing - need to clean the housing?

Hi there,

I bought a new genuine Bosch MAF but in the different housing from BMW, i'll clean the air filter compartment, the grid to the MAF and change the air filter.
It's mandatory that clean also inside the MAF housing?
I was hopping not having to remove the housing, i'm afraid of loosing some screws or hoses from the turbo in the engine bay, but if you tell me that is convenient to clean both sides of the grid, i will try to do the work...

Thks

Pedro
mauzao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 18:33   #2
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauzao View Post
Hi there,

I bought a new genuine Bosch MAF but in the different housing from BMW, i'll clean the air filter compartment, the grid to the MAF and change the air filter.
It's mandatory that clean also inside the MAF housing?
I was hopping not having to remove the housing, i'm afraid of loosing some screws or hoses from the turbo in the engine bay, but if you tell me that is convenient to clean both sides of the grid, i will try to do the work...

Thks

Pedro
If the housing is particularly dusty, then wipe it clean with a soft cloth, the interior can be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol spray and then allowed to completely dry out ,generally it does not need cleaning, but it will depend on local conditions, if very dusty use compressed air first, then when all is well insert the new MAF sensor, DO NOT CLEAN THIS at all and ,ensure you change the air filter regularly in dusty conditions.! ( do all the necessary cleaning with the old sensor removed first).
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote