Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th May 2019, 12:24   #11
Rp61973
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Classic

What utter w&@king c%ckwash.

Our numbskull leaders treat us with utter contempt.

One can only hope the tide will turn.
Old 16th May 2019, 12:37   #12
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rp61973 View Post
What utter w&@king c%ckwash.

Our numbskull leaders treat us with utter contempt.

One can only hope the tide will turn.

Hopefully with all the global warming the tide will rise and flood all of Westminster.
Old 16th May 2019, 13:04   #13
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Would this be the same Express newspaper which, every September, tells its readers that it is going to start snowing in October and continue non-stop until March?

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 13:17   #14
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Hopefully with all the global warming the tide will rise and flood all of Westminster.

Lets see how the Thames Barrier copes with a huge tidal swell that we are warned will come from global warming ...
For us in the Midlands we won't have far to go for the sea front, Rugby maybe
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 14:04   #15
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Given the manufactured enthusiasm for fads as shown by successive governments (witness diesel fuel) the current finance-led harangue for ev's has a sting in the tail.

At the moment electricity pricing is, well, let's say modest in relation to other power sources.There will be a need for a massive surge in home-based charging on dedicated metering. Anyone care to hazard a guess at what happens next?

As the market for oil-based fuels diminishes, from 2020 the oil producers will hardly stand by suffering huge losses. Some power companies (and countries) have already seen the opportunities for pricing escalation and this will become the growth industry.

Look for the price of charging equipment installation included in the price of the car and the terms of the contract for supply. Ally that with 'smart meters' and the possibilities are endless.
Old 16th May 2019, 14:52   #16
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Given the manufactured enthusiasm for fads as shown by successive governments (witness diesel fuel) the current finance-led harangue for ev's has a sting in the tail.

At the moment electricity pricing is, well, let's say modest in relation to other power sources.There will be a need for a massive surge in home-based charging on dedicated metering. Anyone care to hazard a guess at what happens next?

As the market for oil-based fuels diminishes, from 2020 the oil producers will hardly stand by suffering huge losses. Some power companies (and countries) have already seen the opportunities for pricing escalation and this will become the growth industry.

Look for the price of charging equipment installation included in the price of the car and the terms of the contract for supply. Ally that with 'smart meters' and the possibilities are endless.

Yes I can see the electric companies as the new big hitters on the block as they will become the "New petrol stations"

I read yesterday ExxonMobil have just invested $100million with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory after spending $1billion of shareholders money on lobbying against renewable energy

If you cant beat em join em......or are they spending that amount to slow down or put a spanner in the works of renewable energy.
https://electrek.co/2019/05/13/egeb-...#disqus_thread

Speaking of petrol stations! Iceland's capital Reykjavik are closing down 50% of all petrol stations, must be the next step up from their ULEZ! https://electrek.co/2019/05/13/icela...-gas-stations/

"A spokesman for the Environmental Transport Association though, who believes green number plates to be just one side of the equation. He added that “to be truly effective any such initiative will need to at the same time shame the drivers of the most polluting vehicles; an electric or hydrogen-powered vehicle might sport a green plate, but the biggest gas guzzlers should have theirs branded red.”

As for the low speed pedestrian noise on BEV/hybrids I want "the Jetsons" sound on mine

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto

Last edited by Lancpudn; 16th May 2019 at 14:57..
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 21:43   #17
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Your a worrier! I am as well. I keep worrying about the sanity of most of those supposedly in ‘power positions ‘. I am waiting for Guy Fawkes to carry out my wishes.Wish he would hurry up. .
Old 16th May 2019, 21:46   #18
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Yes I can see the electric companies as the new big hitters on the block as they will become the "New petrol stations"

I read yesterday ExxonMobil have just invested $100million with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory after spending $1billion of shareholders money on lobbying against renewable energy

If you cant beat em join em......or are they spending that amount to slow down or put a spanner in the works of renewable energy.
https://electrek.co/2019/05/13/egeb-...#disqus_thread

Speaking of petrol stations! Iceland's capital Reykjavik are closing down 50% of all petrol stations, must be the next step up from their ULEZ! https://electrek.co/2019/05/13/icela...-gas-stations/

"A spokesman for the Environmental Transport Association though, who believes green number plates to be just one side of the equation. He added that “to be truly effective any such initiative will need to at the same time shame the drivers of the most polluting vehicles; an electric or hydrogen-powered vehicle might sport a green plate, but the biggest gas guzzlers should have theirs branded red.”

As for the low speed pedestrian noise on BEV/hybrids I want "the Jetsons" sound on mine
And Shell have taken over from First Utility. Thin end of the wedge I say.