Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th November 2011, 09:35   #21
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

I think it's spliced to the red wire that was already in the original loom

Mods done:
Towbar - EGR replaced with SS straight pipe - Synergy 2 - Aircon resistor replaced with JMA
- Walnut and Leather Steering Wheel - Walnut Hand Brake and Walnut Auto Gear Stick - Walnut Dash - Sean's DD Unit with DVBT - 2.0 CDT Torpedos - Boot Badge and mk1 Chrome Plinth - D Pillars - Union Alloys - X-Power Upgrade
Slowly adding pre project bits and bobs
Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 09:46   #22
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Bearing in mind that mine is an 04 facelift model the grey ISO block that goes from the original loom attaches into the new black large ISO block supplied by Radioguy and the Brown ISO block sits below it
There are to my knowledge 2 switched live wires going in one is yellow/purple and one is Yellow/White now I wired mine to the yellow purple before it entered Sean's loom and it didn't work!!!
The Yellow White wire that corresponds with the Red wire coming out of the new loom that's where I eventually got my feed from and tested it with a multimeter to ensure it went off at ignition turn off is yours the same 07825 631944 if you want to call mate

Last edited by twaters63; 26th November 2011 at 09:51..
twaters63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 09:50   #23
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

Got the yellow and purple the other is green and white

Mods done:
Towbar - EGR replaced with SS straight pipe - Synergy 2 - Aircon resistor replaced with JMA
- Walnut and Leather Steering Wheel - Walnut Hand Brake and Walnut Auto Gear Stick - Walnut Dash - Sean's DD Unit with DVBT - 2.0 CDT Torpedos - Boot Badge and mk1 Chrome Plinth - D Pillars - Union Alloys - X-Power Upgrade
Old 26th November 2011, 10:01   #24
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

The wires that go between the Black ISO block that connects into the actual unit and the Black ISO block where the original blocks connect you want that red wire there so trace that red wire mate and see what colour wire it corresponds to on the Grey ISO block of the original loom what colour is that wire mine is yellow/white
In simple terms I spliced into the new loom red wire mate and all lit up like a Christmas tree
Old 26th November 2011, 10:12   #25
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

Yes it's wired to the red coming out of the new loom
I'm going to take it round to erics to try his dvbt and see if it's working

Mods done:
Old 26th November 2011, 10:14   #26
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I'm stumped then mate just quickly check your earth wires are all secure too as that too will cause it to not power apart from that I'm not sure
Old 26th November 2011, 15:25   #27
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

disconnected the digi box and ariel, and connected to a power pack, this worked fine. Ive tried everywere to get a piggy back fuse with no luck, was going to connect to windows fuse. Ive now bought a multi reader and will check the wires again in tomorrow, its to dark now

Mods done:
Old 26th November 2011, 16:10   #28
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon View Post
disconnected the digi box and ariel, and connected to a power pack, this worked fine. Ive tried everywere to get a piggy back fuse with no luck, was going to connect to windows fuse. Ive now bought a multi reader and will check the wires again in tomorrow, its to dark now

Just looked at mine mate and it's wired to the stereo loom,, like we discussed i use the white connector blocks, what about snipping where we scotched the wire and tap into it that way, mebbe the scotch block didnt actually connect to the wire, it happens some times bud
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 16:40   #29
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post
Just looked at mine mate and it's wired to the stereo loom,, like we discussed i use the white connector blocks, what about snipping where we scotched the wire and tap into it that way, mebbe the scotch block didnt actually connect to the wire, it happens some times bud
Yes ill give that a go tomorrow for before i start blowing up the fuse box
My airiel has still got a **** radio reception, which is strange because the same airiel on the symphony unit was great

Mods done:
Old 26th November 2011, 16:54   #30
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I used the white blocks for most of my install mate! It will be something daft, at least you've eliminated the chance of the box being faulty funny how we've both had problems on the same piece of equipment eh