Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th March 2012, 21:17   #21
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

I have been driving around with the heater on for ages!

I know very little about cars, I assumed the window would fall out if I started pulling the chrome out etc!

When I looked awhile ago on the threrads there seemed to be some doubt as to the cause of the leaks. But once you've taken the flap & chrome away it's obvious.

Everyone, fix that leak!
bobthebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 22:45   #22
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Brilliant.... Absolutly brilliant... Iv been some what stressed to say th least over this and tmoz when said rear window debarkle is cured ill be much pleased... If you are at th Bromsgrove do tmoz ill lavish gifts of beer on you... thanx mate..
Old 15th April 2012, 22:03   #23
johnny english
Avid contributor

rover 75 club cdti se saloon

Hi Rich
Followed your directions to the letter and successfully cured my leak
in early january this year. Once again many thanks.
Ed.
johnny english is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2012, 20:53   #24
Logie

ZT 190

Hi,

I have tried sealing from the inside but i still have a little leak, so i was thinking of doing this on my ZT.

But my seal seems like an all in one peice going around and im a little scared to try just bend the bottom part up
Logie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2012, 20:59   #25
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logie View Post
Hi,

I have tried sealing from the inside but i still have a little leak, so i was thinking of doing this on my ZT.

But my seal seems like an all in one peice going around and im a little scared to try just bend the bottom part up
You need to open the boot, then lift the rubber flappy bit at the bottom of the windscreen, all will become clear after that.
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 09:01   #26
Logie

ZT 190

Cool thanks will give it ago, its just i was given a nice ZT with 60k on the clock, it just come with a boot full of water, front wing trim missing and in need for a lower engine mount.

All simple things to fix except this rear window :P
Logie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 17:20   #27
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

I have done this again today on my dad's 75, a lot of the clips were broken but I managed to glue it all back together and seal it all without any problems. Took about 2 hours in total.
Old 4th November 2012, 19:20   #28
Grey75

2004 75 1.8 T

Default Same problem

Hi all, I just purchased my first 75!! (2004 facelift) and love it. However I've noticed the water leak in the boot also from either side of the corner trims- the drivers side is actually not even flush and the trim is not clipped in. I've managed to do the rear light fix with silicone around the split gasket etc, but I feel the trim clip repair is too much of a task for a novice such as me. Is there anyone willing to repair the same situation for a fee?? I live around Cambridgeshire and can travel to reasonable location to get it repaired properly. Also not sure if the clips or trim needs replacing can I still purchase these anywhere ?? Thanks
Grey75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 19:30   #29
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey75 View Post
Hi all, I just purchased my first 75!! (2004 facelift) and love it. However I've noticed the water leak in the boot also from either side of the corner trims- the drivers side is actually not even flush and the trim is not clipped in. I've managed to do the rear light fix with silicone around the split gasket etc, but I feel the trim clip repair is too much of a task for a novice such as me. Is there anyone willing to repair the same situation for a fee?? I live around Cambridgeshire and can travel to reasonable location to get it repaired properly. Also not sure if the clips or trim needs replacing can I still purchase these anywhere ?? Thanks
It is likely that there will be some broken clips, the ones that hold the trim on are still available from Rimmers.

Don't panic if the chrome trim doesn't sit flush as it is purely decorative.

I know it is a bit of a drive up to these parts from where you are, but I am always happy to complete the job for free. Obviously if you need parts you would need to buy and fit them yourself as I do not keep any.

The only problem is if the clips at the bottom of the windscreen are broken, easy to identify with no work at all. Open the boot lid, gently pull on the rubber flap upwards (towards the sky) and if the chrome trim moves away from the car there is a good possibility they are broken.

Ideally they need the screen out to replace them, but I can replace them without removing the screen also.
Old 4th November 2012, 20:49   #30
Grey75

2004 75 1.8 T

Default Thanks for the speedy reply!

Hi Rich ? Thank you for the response, greatly appreciate it. I'm going to have a look if the bottom clips are broken, my initial guess is yes, as the driver side corner at the bottom seems like nothing is connected ! The other side corner seems to be still flush and fitted. If this is the case Im guessing I need to find some more somehow. You mentioned the trim clips are available still from rimmers- if possible could you send the link so I can purchase the rights bits ( sorry ). Lastly, the Crome trim and rubber seal itself is still all there , I'm assuming I wouldnt need to try buy a new set ? And many thanks for the offer, once I've sourced all the parts etc I think I may well have to take you up on the offer if you meant it haha. As I really want to fix this issue as I love the car but this problem is ruining the ownership experience, many thanks Karam
Grey75 is offline   Reply With Quote