Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th October 2018, 16:16   #1
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Default '02 Rover 75 2.0CDT Xpower 135 Connoisseur SE auto saloon - 12mnth MOT, major service

2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDT Xpower 135 Connoisseur SE auto saloon

12 month MOT until October 2019
Just had major service inc. autobox fluid
Lots of work done
Enthusiast owned

Beautiful combination of Copperleaf Red exterior with Sandstone Beige interior.

2.0 litre BMW M47R common-rail turbo-diesel engine with JATCO 5-speed automatic transmission.

EVERYTHING WORKS. Right down to the cigar lighter illumination.

Summary of major work done in last 5,000 miles/14 months:
Crankshaft pulley replaced (Corteco fitted)
Gold fan resistor fitted
Viton intercooler o-rings fitted with 'grub screw' reinforcement
Intercooler to EGR hose replaced (Genuine MGRover fitted)
Inlet manifold cleaned
EGR valve cleaned
Auxiliary idler pulley replaced (INA)
Auxiliary belt replaced (Gates)
Uprated thermostat o-ring fitted
Health check on T4 (Rover dealer computer)
Front lower arm rear bushes replaced
Sills injected with Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 cavity wax
Boot & sill trim clips sealed to prevent water ingress
Rear numberplate & badges replaced

Major service completed September 2018:
Engine oil changed
Engine oil filter (Borg & Beck)
Air filter (Bearmach)
Pollen filter (Hengst)
Fuel filter (Genuine MGRover)
PCV filter (Meyle)
Automatic gearbox fluid changed (correct 402 spec fluid)
Coolant changed
Brake fluid changed
Wiper blades replaced
Key remote battery replaced
Injector cleaner added

Please see attached PDF for a complete list of work carried out in my ownership.

Work done by previous owner in last 13,000 miles/4 years:
Exhaust system rearwards from catalyst (2014)
Air conditioning belt (Gates, dated 2016)
Rear brake pads (2014)
Windscreen replaced
Routine servicing

Other positives:
Xpower 135 upgrade (131Ps) – this is the genuine MGRover engine remap
Spare wheel & toolkit
Plenum chamber spy hole
Factory-fittted shedder plate (to prevent MAF contamination)
Copy of the car's ZCS codes (ECU coding) provided
Not built with a DPF

Equipment:
Heated electric leather seats
Dual-zone climate control
5 speed automatic gearbox with sport & snow modes
4 electric windows
Heated electric chrome mirrors
Front foglamps
Front & side airbags & 5 seatbelt pre-tensioners
ABS & Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
Remote central locking & alarm
Driver's seat height & tilt adjustment

Additional full Connoisseur SE specification:
Cruise control
Driver's seat memory
Trip computer & message centre
Rear parking sensors
Rain sensor
Auto-dimming rear view mirror
Electric rear sunblind
'Symphony' Alpine radio
Rear tweeters
CD changer
Folding rear seat with load-through flap (technically standard at time of build)
(Oddly the car's build record and VIN plate just state 'Connoisseur' despite the car having all of the factory-fitted Connoisseur SE equipment with markings that correspond to the correct build date.)

I purchased this car in August last year from an 89-year old gentleman who had owned it for the previous 3 years. It was intended as a stop-gap whilst my V6 75 needed major work but I have ended up keeping it for 14 months. I have been a member of the Owner's Club since 2006 and of the 75&ZT Enthusiasts since 2012. I no longer need this car and need the space back due to the purchase of a mobility vehicle.

The CDT auto is popularly considered to be the most reliable drivetrain combination fitted to the Rover 75, which is why I bought this car. The BMW M47R chain-driven diesel engine is regarded as bulletproof and good for over 250,000 miles. Many 75 CDTs have been used by taxi drivers and there are several that have done vast mileages and are still going strong – these are excellent motorway mileage munchers. This car has done 171,000 miles which is not uncommon.

This car has an excellent ride quality and the suspension is in very good condition. I believe it has done mainly motorway miles due to its condition. It has been a very good reliable vehicle. The exhaust has never smoked in my ownership. The air conditioning is working and blows cold.

The car's underside is in good condition, without the usual rusted & seized bolts. The upper rear suspension arms are solid with much original paint remaining, particularly on the inside. All brake disc shields are in good condition (they often disintegrate). The front brake discs have 21.2mm left (new 21.9, min 19.0) so have lots of life left, whilst the rear discs have 8.2mm left (new 9.8, min 8.0) so will need changing sooner rather than later. The brake pipes have been coated in protective grease. Front tyres have 6mm of tread, rear tyres have 4mm & 6.5mm. All factory-fitted heat shields are present (some owners have reported failed MOTs under the new rules due to lacking these). The boot is dry and all potential water ingress points into it have been sealed, so it will stay dry (you don't want a soaking interior carpet due to a leaky boot - it is a pain to sort out and sadly common in these cars). The interior has been cleaned thoroughly.

The in-tank fuel pump is working and the thermostat is not stuck-open (a common problem). The car has a Bosch MAF sensor fitted which has been confirmed to be within spec. The injectors have been checked and are also within spec. I have replaced the EGR vacuum hose despite it looking OK, just to be on the safe side, as once perished they can cause a loss of brake servo assistance in some circumstances. The ABS and SRS warning lights self-check and extinguish as they should. No warning lights or messages are currently outstanding.

Negative points – there are several marks around the body, as expected for the age & mileage. There is the usual wear to the driver's seat, steering wheel and message screen (yes, they all that eventually – sadly). No undertray and spare key only does the doors & boot.

All old parts and fluids replaced in my ownership are available for inspection. The car comes with a folder containing it's MOT & service history & receipts. I have the V5C in my name.

This is a good solid example of a Rover 75, not a neglected dog. Everything works, many major jobs done, the servicing is up-to-date and it comes with a 12 month MOT.

FULL ALBUM HERE

£800

Located in north east Hampshire, not far from M3 junctions 4a & 5 and Fleet train station.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RJ52VLU works carried out list.pdf (27.4 KB, 36 views)
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.

Last edited by Bolin; 2nd January 2019 at 21:52..
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2018, 19:22   #2
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

The car sold on Friday and was driven away there and then, and so is no longer available.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote