Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st August 2020, 14:53   #41
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Niall.
Nice to meet you today, please remember once you have replaced the pollen filter to hang the ECU back on it's locating bracket now we have put the outer case back together and closed it up

Also fit the O-ring bend you now have as that may well be the reason for your black smoke when you call for that extra boost, i doubt it will be the replacement ECU.

Another reminder for you check the coolant after the car as cooled down later this evening to see if as stayed at the level we set it at, change out the NS indicator lens light, rear lights off and check those seals, clean glue & staple refit adding a little vaseline.

I would also try and track down Mr no answer the phone to see if you could recoup some of you money back from the ECU that was no good.

Last thing keep your face away from the gearstick when removing it to replace with the new one

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2020, 16:22   #42
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
So with the black transponder chip from the kit it still won't start? You would have to make sure your original transponder isn't near the barrel as it might pick that one up.
Or wrap the fob in cooking foil to screen it from being read.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2020, 16:33   #43
niallb
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

A truly huge thank you Artic for the reminders and free numerous parts for the car. It was a total pleasure meeting you today and you have been incredibly kind and helpful. A true gentleman and my parents are super grateful for your help and assistance.

And Jamie thank you so much for the new ecu and coding and remap. My parents are delighted the car got a clean bill of health and are now confident to drive it again without fear of it failing on them.

All I need to do now is replace the shocks and springs all round as it catches every speed bump and when I measured from the top of the centre cap to the bottom of the arch it was 35cm all round.

Once I’ve done the suspension work and fitted the parts from Artic they will have a solid car that will easily last next few years anyhow.

Super forum with super help.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to helping me get my parents car going again
niallb is offline   Reply With Quote