Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th December 2020, 13:58   #1
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default FBH and how do I know if I've got one

Been browsing through the How To guides to get an idea of what projects I could add to my list of jobs for the spring.

Looking through one on suspension overhaul, I spotted the mention of the FBH radiator behind the wheel arch under the back bumper, which got me thinking that I've got one of those. Were these radiators fitted to all diesels but not necessarily with the FBH?
I'm guessing if the rad's fitted then it's not out of the question that some of the other bits are fitted - but then again, being a post Project Drive car it might not!
Old 11th December 2020, 14:13   #2
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

The rad under the rear wheel arch is a fuel return cooler, not related to the FBH. If you have a FBH you will find it in front of the battery box, it's an oblong device with 2 electrical plugs attached to the top of it. If you don't have 1 get 1 they are a God send on cold mornings. Club members Devlish and Trebor are the best guys to sort that for You, they know the FBH inside out and are very helpful.
Old 11th December 2020, 14:23   #3
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Time to rummage under the bonnet then. Don't think there's anything there, or at least I don't recall anything being there when I was having fun with batteries earlier in the year.
Got to admit, things aren't too bad on the couple of cold mornings we've had so far, but only having had the car since Feb this year, I've not really subjected her to the proper cold mornings yet.
Old 11th December 2020, 14:51   #4
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

FBH can be set up to warm the coolant before you leave the house, I have a remote for mine that I activate 15mns before I leave, and have heat from the minute I start up the engine.