Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th March 2021, 19:47   #21
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Question

I never did any business with the person in question but if I had and he had scammed me to the extent of some that I've read of his location I very much doubt would put him beyond the reach of the law, Canada is not a lawless 3rd world country. He might be banned from this site but there still might be incriminating messages in his closed account which should be accessible and legally so for any legal action/process. To those who have lost money why not post of how much and organize a collective case to present to our police as an online fraud case. Regards payment method, if not via paypal then how? I would hope that no one paid for any big ticket items via any means which precluded any recovery of funds outwith legal action - such as wire transfers etc.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2021, 20:17   #22
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

I think that with most of these things you have to weigh up the possible legal costs against the amount involved.
Getting a judgement is one thing, but actually recovering any monies is a different kettle of fish.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2021, 20:45   #23
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Our police have departments which specialize in online fraud. If the scale of the fraud meets their requirements they might well pursue it as a criminal matter. Also the Uk does have an extradition agreement with Canada which at the end of the day could see any fraudster trialed and banged up here on conviction.
Old 11th March 2021, 20:56   #24
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Do we know the actual sums of monies involved?

I have a feeling that this was more of a business that went wrong rather than an intentional fraud, if so it would fall under civil law and not criminal law. He was supplying items for some time, my dealings with him were OK and Jeff fitted it for me ( my O/H still talks about his cats).

The Police don't normally get involved in Civil cases.

Last edited by steve-45; 11th March 2021 at 21:00.. Reason: bad spelling
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2021, 21:01   #25
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

It is sad to read this and you can understand anyone losing money wants someone to blame and get recompense, but the members who tried to help Sean mentioned above are all decent honest people who have also lost out to Sean in one way or another.

Seans legacy still lives on with all the second rate ICE units he used to sell, I still have one in my car that has a mind of its own and its only a matter of time before it gets replaced.

The members mentioned above are not the only ones duped by Sean, I know Steve (Devilish ) when Sean first came on the scene long before he sold lots of ICE units agreed to take delivery of Roewe and MG7 bumpers in the UK and ship them on, Steve is still owed a few hundred pounds in shipping Sean never gave him back, and Sean also still owes me a spare MG7 grille which he begged Steve to send onto Italy for a customer with a promise to replace mine in the next shipment but of course I never had the grille or a refund.

So I bet all the members on here who tried to help Sean regret the day they got involved and are in no way responsible for his underhand dealings , there is only 1 person to blame

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2021, 21:28   #26
Terryf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon BRG

I must have been very lucky then, every thing I paid for, I received. Navall 2 and updates and TPMS. All still working.
Terry
Terryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2021, 21:56   #27
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryf View Post
I must have been very lucky then, every thing I paid for, I received. Navall 2 and updates and TPMS. All still working. Terry
Classic tactics of a Ponzi scheme - maybe?

Sweets for a selective minority but for most????
Old 12th March 2021, 14:09   #28
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

I was recently on two different german car forums, to my surprise his name was mentioned and he has ripped many people off on those as well.

I too was one of the lucky ones having bought a navall and a set of mg7 rear lights from him.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2021, 14:32   #29
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
I was recently on two different german car forums, to my surprise his name was mentioned and he has ripped many people off on those as well.
Members here were by no means alone, he was a supplier/trader on numerous forums/clubs leaving a lot of people in the lurch.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2021, 12:23   #30
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Our police have departments which specialize in online fraud. If the scale of the fraud meets their requirements they might well pursue it as a criminal matter. Also the Uk does have an extradition agreement with Canada which at the end of the day could see any fraudster trialed and banged up here on conviction.
They do, it is dealt with Nationally by "Action Fraud" which comes under the City of London Police Force. https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

If I read your post 6 months ago I would have agreed totally, but now sadly not.

My mother was scammed out of over £11,000, by a letting agent who kept all of the income from her rented house. This was meant to offset some of he care home fees.
She is a 90 year old widow, with dementia, so didn't know what was going on. A perfect victim.

I know who this guy is, where he lives and have it in writing that he owes (stolen) the money.
I have more evidence that you can shake a stick at, signed agreements, statements etc.
There are also many other victims.

Despite that Action Fraud has responded
"On this occasion, based on the information currently available, it has not been possible to identify a line of enquiry which a law enforcement organisation in the United Kingdom could pursue."

I am not alone, check out their reviews here

Sadly, there is very little chance of getting a successful conviction for fraud against individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
The Police don't normally get involved in Civil cases.
I think that that post is spot on, they will more than often consider it as such.
To be fair, I do not believe that they have the resources to do otherwise.

Let the good times roll............

Last edited by Dorset Bob; 13th March 2021 at 12:45..
Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote