Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th April 2021, 16:22   #11
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Can not see the need for a webasto heater in a petrol rover/Zt. Mine seems to warm up in a couple of minutes even in the minus 3 we have had this year. Abroad in Norway/Sweden I can understand, same as in Canada, very cold a lot of the time and if you have not got a heated garage, you can find the antifreeze frozen.
Old 14th April 2021, 20:24   #12
Donald63

Rover 75 Saloon

As i am the owner of this vehicle now, i will surely let you know more about this when i have the time to investigate further. Just got it in my garage today, and had a speedy look underneath. It has the same exhaust as my webasto on my RRS diesel, but will investigate more after comming home from work in a couple of weeks. There is a mains connection in the lower part of the bumper very close to the unit. So i will remove the airfilter box, and have a closer look when time.
Donald63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2021, 21:10   #13
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald63 View Post
As i am the owner of this vehicle now, i will surely let you know more about this when i have the time to investigate further. Just got it in my garage today, and had a speedy look underneath. It has the same exhaust as my webasto on my RRS diesel, but will investigate more after comming home from work in a couple of weeks. There is a mains connection in the lower part of the bumper very close to the unit. So i will remove the airfilter box, and have a closer look when time.
Please take some pictures and post up on here of its location on the car and model details, wondering if it’s a retrofit but if so it’s unlikely to have the wiring in place as with the diesel , or have the fuel line in the tank and the dosing pump wiring , if it has these from the factory it gets very interesting

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2021, 06:14   #14
BLMC
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDT Saloon&2x75 CDT Tourer Auto

Hi,
I can not see any special in this case.
In Northern countries its very common to retrofit FBH to such a cars which you cant get factory fitted unit.
As a former Webasto dealer,we used to fit Webasto Thermo Top heaters around 50-60 kits/season to all kind of cars and vans,doesnt matter is it diesel or petrol.
Petrol engines warm up quickly,but its much more comfortable to start driving in a morning,when car is warm and windscreen clear.
If you buy retrofit-kit from Webasto,there is all included,harnesses,fuel pipes,water hoses etc. Normally maximum one day job to fit full kit.
BLMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2021, 08:00   #15
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Can't see anything special? OK how many petrol Rover 75 have you seen with this set-up?

I have only seen this Norwegian car - none in Sweden that I know of as all have the Defa/Calix type electric element heater plumbed into the coolant, initially I thought the ad was wrong but the owner has confirmed it's a petrol FBH.

Regards

Attn: bl52krz: I use an anti-freeze mix of 50% no risk of freezing even outdoors, protects down to minus 46.
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2021, 10:06   #16
BLMC
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDT Saloon&2x75 CDT Tourer Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Can't see anything special? OK how many petrol Rover 75 have you seen with this set-up?

I have only seen this Norwegian car - none in Sweden that I know of as all have the Defa/Calix type electric element heater plumbed into the coolant, initially I thought the ad was wrong but the owner has confirmed it's a petrol FBH.

Regards

Attn: bl52krz: I use an anti-freeze mix of 50% no risk of freezing even outdoors, protects down to minus 46.
Sorry vitesse,i didnt mean to "shoot down" your topic.
My point was that Webasto heaters can be fitted to every car where is enough space for installation,and for example here in Finland is lot of petrol cars with retrofitted FBH:s(all brands)
Has been seen some petrol 75:s with FBH over the years.
Anyway 75 is not very common car here,so cant be too many fitted with FBH.

Regards
BLMC
BLMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2021, 02:46   #17
Donald63

Rover 75 Saloon

As i’m the new owner of the Webasto Dorchester, and havn’t had time to remove the airfilter box to investigate more, but it certainly has the exhaus tube. It also has the telestart remote control and and webasto timer control box in the cubby box.
When time i will provide some more pics
Donald63 is offline   Reply With Quote