Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th June 2021, 17:21   #1
Kamil93
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Clutch bleeding urgent troubles :(

Hello all, sorry to start new thread but I didn’t find any which would answer my question.

Today I tried to bleed my clutch. I proceed with excellent how to from this forum.
In short way: I have opened the master cylinder lid, took out the condom, topped up the reservoir. Then prepared the bleeding nipple (one 8mm nut). Pressed the clutch pedal and then loose the nipple nut. At the first attemt it did some hiss sound and the old black fluid went out. I tightened the nut. At this point, the pedal needs to be lifted up by hand - alright, could be.

At second attempt, topped up the reservoir. It has proven to be unnecessary because no fluid seemed to go throught the system to the slave. At this moment it’s still the same. The fluid doesn’t go to system. I have nothing to bleed.

Pedal is stuck on the floor and no clutch. I have immobilised my car with that

Any thoughts please ? I need my car to be on the road again.

Thanks !
Kamil93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2021, 17:48   #2
Kamil93
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Important to say, that I repeated the procedure about 20 times. Not a single fluid drop.
Old 8th June 2021, 17:55   #3
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Try a reverse bleed: - https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=128816

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2021, 19:01   #4
Kamil93
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Yes, It seems like the way to go. Will try that tomorrow morning.

If that does not help, what else could be wrong ? My slave is definitely on it’s way out. But it was working almost fine until I touched that. I need the car for few day until new clutch arrive.

Thank you viteesse.
Old 8th June 2021, 21:42   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

If the clutch pedal still does down it could be a leak or a failed seal within the master cylinder that allows fluid to pass the plunger and remain in the master.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2021, 08:24   #6
Kamil93
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi,

So reverse bleeding cant be done. It’s still not pushing the fluid to master - it seems like it’s lost on bell housing.

I tried disconnect the brass connector above bell housing with pedal fully up. When I press the pedal it remains down without any hesitation, it’s just still the same. Is the master dead ? Suddenly ? Or is there any air ? In have the spares connectors as MGJohn does. How to bleed it ?

Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 08:43   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamil93 View Post
Hi,

So reverse bleeding cant be done. It’s still not pushing the fluid to master - it seems like it’s lost on bell housing.

I tried disconnect the brass connector above bell housing with pedal fully up. When I press the pedal it remains down without any hesitation, it’s just still the same. Is the master dead ? Suddenly ? Or is there any air ? In have the spares connectors as MGJohn does. How to bleed it ?

Thanks
how much fluid is in the master cylinder? Have you got the clutch pedal return spring fitted?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2021, 08:45   #8
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Disconnect the in-line connector and using your spare connector reverse bleed the master cylinder (as per MGJohn's post) ensuring the clutch pedal is up, which will push any air into the reservoir (do not overfill or you will have fluid running onto your carpets!). Once you have done that disconnect your bleeding connector and with the master cylinder connector left undone press the clutch pedal, it should be solid - if not your master cylinder is faulty.
Next bleed the slave cylinder using the spare connector until no air is expelled from the bleed nipple, reconnect the original pipework and check your clutch, if the pedal works all good, if the pedal was solid when disconnected from the slave pipework but doesn't work then there is still air in the system or the slave is faulty.
Hope that helps, Paul.

Last edited by bsafly; 9th June 2021 at 08:47.. Reason: Spelling
bsafly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2021, 08:59   #9
Kamil93
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks to you all for your replies. I will use later with sure. But for now I think I found the culprit. The little bar that connects clutch pedal and master felt a bit wibble and loose. I removed the master to check that and it broke in two separate parts. So I pushed the pedal into a void. The inside part of master is stuck inside.

Ok time to get new master cylinder. Thats the only part I didnt order. It was looking perfectly well. And by the way it’s LuK genuine unit and I have have 210 000 km on clock

Thank you, now I am going to get new cylinder.
Old 9th June 2021, 09:15   #10
Kamil93
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
how much fluid is in the master cylinder? Have you got the clutch pedal return spring fitted?

macafee2
It’s almost full with condom aside. Spring was OK. It just didn't pump due to damage.

Last edited by Kamil93; 9th June 2021 at 10:08..