Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th February 2022, 11:34   #31
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

No speedee no catchee 😉

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2022, 12:17   #32
Bazzateer

No speedie? No believee!
Old 14th February 2022, 12:55   #33
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

That's one thing that Scotland does not offer is the speed awareness course it simply is a case of fine and points, I know of a friend who was caught in Wales and he was offered the Speed Awareness Course, think he had to travel to Newcastle for it.

I believe the course is a real eye opener, have a look at Hubnut on Youtube , he recently had to do one as he got caught and hands up he admitted he was stressed, late and just crept over and got caught.

2004 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

51 of 118 Rover 75s to come off the production line on 21st July 2004

71 of only 235 British Racing Green diesel face lift Connoisseur SE saloons with Sandstone Beige Interiors produced worldwide

Mileage April 2022: 120225 or 2914 in my custody
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2022, 13:16   #34
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Sincerely hope some contributors on this thread never have to do jury duty, they'd have the dependent guilty even before they'd confirmed their identify.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2022, 13:23   #35
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Sincerely hope some contributors on this thread never have to do jury duty, they'd have the dependent guilty even before they'd confirmed their identify.
what do you base that on?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2022, 13:46   #36
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post

Do you not think the 'defendant' in this case has already acknowledge guilt and that the matter of discussion is whether the method of catching him was driven by some unreasonable criteria?

I once sat in a county court out of interest. The judge didn't waste too much time listening to mitigating excuses - I think he had heard them numerous times before. A bit like 'speed cameras are just there as revenue earners....'
Old 14th February 2022, 13:55   #37
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
what do you base that on?

macafee2
Probably the overwhelming lack of sympathy for someone who has been driving for 50 years and considers himself a careful considerate driver who crept a few mph over the limit.Watch traffic cops Derbyshire on C5 tonight if you want to be judgemental about TRUELY reckless driving.It never ceases to amaze me the minimal if any punishment those offenders receive.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2022, 13:57   #38
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Probably the overwhelming lack of sympathy for someone who has been driving for 50 years and considers himself a careful considerate driver who crept a few mph over the limit.Watch traffic cops Derbyshire on C5 tonight if you want to be judgemental about TRUELY reckless driving.It never ceases to amaze me the minimal if any punishment those offenders receive.

Yes, often the worse the driving offence is the less punishment they receive!
Old 14th February 2022, 14:44   #39
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post

Mick - personally, I would be very sympathetic towards anyone who posts stating that they have been flashed by a speed camera and this will prove a useful lesson or reminder in the future. But, that sympathy completely disappears if instead of that second part the person questions the location of the camera and the motives for its installation. I suspect this is the underlying reason for most of the responses.

In this case, evidently the camera location was good because it caught a speeding motorist.

Sometimes we all make mistakes - the best thing is to accept responsibility and the associated penalty then treat it as one life's little learning points.
Old 14th February 2022, 14:55   #40
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by polinsteve View Post
I think that we are all smart enough to know that the vast majority of accidents at that sort of time are speed, drink and/or drug related.

Another campaign run back in the 80's was brilliant and effective. There was a series of posters to improve road safety, particularly with respect to drink driving. To my mind, the best was one which showed an absolutely beautiful, sunny autumn woodland scene with the prominent text saying "What a beautiful day to die". The sub text, "Don't drink and drive"
This is what we have, unfortunately, they have tamed them down in recent years

https://youtube.com/channel/UC6UTJ3AW0ew6AZgz5wESy3w

In particular https://youtu.be/yGVaArcV9BE

and this one currently running again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsKn...=DOERoadSafety

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 14th February 2022 at 17:47..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote