Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd March 2022, 22:32   #11
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

I’ll add my fourpenneth but as Steve has said above we did use the Four Ashes a lot more as customers when it had a settled manager running the show but pre Covid we had numerous managers in there for only a few months at a time and they never made a decent go of it so people voted with their feet when quality of food was poor and available drinks left hardly any choice for the customer
The original handshake agreement was free use of the field and we would use the pub but we have let the side down a bit in recent years but we can’t make people spend their money in there

I personally have looked at 3 possible venues but either they have come to nothing or they were not suitable, I am in touch with Keith at Wyrley Rangers re using Teddybears and am confident that will get us at least a couple of 1 day Sunday meets later in the year but that’s not what we are used to as we normally have 6 weekend meets in a year

Venues like the Four Ashes are rare and it has now been empty for some considerable time but it is still available as an opportunity to be taken on by someone brave enough but due to lost trade and other nearby competition it will take something special to make it a going concern again

Over the years I must have approached at least 10 managers who have come in to run the pub to ask for use of the field and I have not yet completely given up on the idea that someone will take it on again and I go past everyday so will spot if any changes are happening

It’s a great pity as the Nano Meets have grown in stature over a number of years and we have a local knowledgeable crew who are always willing to help others as they have themselves received help in the past and without blowing our own trumpets have done more than most meets to help and educate owners and keep these wonderful cars on the road , and we have owners who are prepared to travel far and wide to attend

Keep the faith and hopefully we will be back in action soon

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 23rd March 2022 at 07:42..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote