Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st May 2022, 15:01   #11
Costa Fortuna
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Just hope you have the requisite home address
Costa Fortuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2022, 10:06   #12
Theodore
Avid contributor

rover 75

Well, the DVLA wrote back within 48hrs-yes, I too was a little surprised. Sadly, they failed to address my query, informing me instead on what forms I need to fill out regarding an engine swap!

I may have worded my question badly, so have tried again....
Theodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2022, 19:24   #13
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Well I wish you good luck with that then.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2022, 12:52   #14
Theodore
Avid contributor

rover 75

Default update swapping car engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
Well, the DVLA wrote back within 48hrs-yes, I too was a little surprised. Sadly, they failed to address my query, informing me instead on what forms I need to fill out regarding an engine swap!

I may have worded my question badly, so have tried again....

Quick Update on progress (lack of) with the DVLA

Have been going back and forwards with the DVLA with little increments of new information each time.

In one of their replies to swapping an engine I got this:
"As the engine is not a fixed component of a car, the engine number is not a permanent identification feature. If the engine is changed, the registered keeper should notify DVLA using the V5C Registration Certificate".

I have asked for clarification, as this could well mean as stated by Steve 45 earlier, that it will make no difference even if you turned the car electric...but it begs the question, why bother informing the DVLA if it doesn't affect the car's id?
Old 9th June 2022, 20:23   #15
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

This great reset bull cr*p thats going on with councils..... these idiots work for the public not the other way around. keep your car , you live in that sector.....they cannot force you to do anything.......no fines will stand under English common law.... they have no standing... and if you want to be smart about it, you are the registered keeper under DVLA NOT the owner the GB government own all the cars, that's why they say registered keeper, crafty... but useful now ...... I WOULD NOT DO A THING USE YOUR ROVER

When the papers come in.... go to court.. they will lose in my humble opinion.. you also pay road tax which MEANS driving on public roads NOT TFL roads, it will not stand and until we the people stand standing up for ourselves these creeps will keep pushing agenda 21 in full swing

STAND YOUR GROUND!!
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2022, 22:09   #16
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
If you buy a 260 you won't have to pay atm for the other zones but in the end only hybrid and leccy vehicles will be exempt imo
Looking at your list of cars, the 1st couple matched mine. My 1st car was a 1960 blue mk2 consul and the 2nd a light metallic blue mk3 Zodiac. Column change and very useful bench seat in both.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2022, 23:24   #17
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post
they cannot force you to do anything.......no fines will stand under English common law.... they have no standing...
STAND YOUR GROUND!!
Yeah, good luck with that.
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2022, 09:37   #18
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenesmus View Post
Yeah, good luck with that.
you may want to check real law, not legal fiction
Old 10th June 2022, 10:17   #19
Theodore
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post
This great reset bull cr*p thats going on with councils..... these idiots work for the public not the other way around. keep your car , you live in that sector.....they cannot force you to do anything.......no fines will stand under English common law.... they have no standing... and if you want to be smart about it, you are the registered keeper under DVLA NOT the owner the GB government own all the cars, that's why they say registered keeper, crafty... but useful now ...... I WOULD NOT DO A THING USE YOUR ROVER

When the papers come in.... go to court.. they will lose in my humble opinion.. you also pay road tax which MEANS driving on public roads NOT TFL roads, it will not stand and until we the people stand standing up for ourselves these creeps will keep pushing agenda 21 in full swing

STAND YOUR GROUND!!
Blimey, you're not asking much! I couldn't even win a ridiculous parking fine issued by my local council, never mind taking on TFL & Sadiq Khan!

Having said all that, I cannot believe this new proposal will ever come into force. It would effect tens of thousands of motorists within the M25, all having to scrap their cars, which is a far cry from several hundred living in central London, who have had to do exactly that. Could be wrong of course...
Old 10th June 2022, 18:35   #20
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
Blimey, you're not asking much! I couldn't even win a ridiculous parking fine issued by my local council, never mind taking on TFL & Sadiq Khan!

Having said all that, I cannot believe this new proposal will ever come into force. It would effect tens of thousands of motorists within the M25, all having to scrap their cars, which is a far cry from several hundred living in central London, who have had to do exactly that. Could be wrong of course...

Just because you think something or someone is too-big TO STOP does not mean they cant be brought down its a state of mind and the way the world is currently... you will never have a better opportunity than now to stand your ground... the council have not the power to "MAKE ANYONE" SCRAP anything......the whole inner sector of people affected should get together chip in for a lawyer under English common law and start to sue and also place in a no confidence against the mayor of London...... don't just take it take action... thats what these cr*p bags always do........push their agenda.... which does not help the modern man.

The agenda is clear to see, if you read between the lines