Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th June 2022, 17:26   #1
paulbn61
Avid contributor

RoverRover 75 cdti Tourer 2003, Rover 75 cdti 2006.

Default Non paying ebayer

Just in case you sell anything on ebay, and this person bids, be aware they messed me around then let me down. They are based in Harleston, Norfolk, made winning bid on a shed, messaged me three times over 4 days to make appointment, but never turned up and to date hasn't answered me, even hough I gave my phone number. Ebay ID on this person is chrisoakley1984. Just be aware.
Old 7th June 2022, 19:30   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

have you opened a non payment dispute via ebay?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2022, 22:01   #3
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Should this not be in the social area of the forum, what as happened to you most likely thousands of time on the bay, not nice but i would not let it eat you away, it's worth the energy just report none payment to ebay, you and i both know they will do nowt so best to move on, good luck with the next possible purchaser.

Maybe try selling it on here in the market section.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...splay.php?f=63

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2022, 06:09   #4
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

To keep it Rover related there's a lovely lady on Facebook in Burton who goes by the user name "Lady mechanic" selling various bits. I purchased a black oak dash paid by Paypal and didnt hear from her for over 4 weeks. When I reported it she said they didnt have a mobile phone for that period. After another 3 weeks I received a refund from Paypal as I always pay as if its a business. Why do people expect you to send money away for goods and get no communication for 4 weeks and never reply to numerous messages and expect to do any business.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2022, 06:51   #5
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

I've over £3000 worth of brake discs sitting here for none paying and people who did sneeky pay pal refunds. Trust me you don't know half of it lol.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2022, 13:58   #6
RobH67

MG ZT-T 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
To keep it Rover related there's a lovely lady on Facebook in Burton who goes by the user name "Lady mechanic" selling various bits. I purchased a black oak dash paid by Paypal and didnt hear from her for over 4 weeks. When I reported it she said they didnt have a mobile phone for that period. After another 3 weeks I received a refund from Paypal as I always pay as if its a business. Why do people expect you to send money away for goods and get no communication for 4 weeks and never reply to numerous messages and expect to do any business.
This lady is related to Marshall Performance Motors in Burton-O-T. That's who I have paid on the past for jobs there. Apparently some issues going on there from what I see on FB. Fact: The FB page for the business has been closed down as well as Mr M's personal FB page.

I used them in the past but never again. Last job early this year, I shall just say was shoddy. Did strut top mounts (outside on jacks in the rain as he'd 'forgotten' I was turning up that day), but later turned out he had reassembled one of the struts incorrectly as it started making a noise over big bumps. And I believe put a nick in one of the lower arm balljoint rubbers I found recently. Thanks for that.

I've just paid again for the strut to be stripped and put back by Simon Ballard at College Motots in Burford (top place), and it's now fine. I can't do this sort of job myself but a costly lesson learned about where to go in future for a proper job.
RobH67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2022, 14:52   #7
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

They're not all like that. a seller called lynnfromnewtonabbot has supplied me with exactly what I wanted a couple of times
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2022, 23:18   #8
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH67 View Post
This lady is related to Marshall Performance Motors in Burton-O-T. That's who I have paid on the past for jobs there. Apparently some issues going on there from what I see on FB. Fact: The FB page for the business has been closed down as well as Mr M's personal FB page.

Quote:
I used them in the past but never again. Last job early this year, I shall just say was shoddy. Did strut top mounts (outside on jacks in the rain as he'd 'forgotten' I was turning up that day), but later turned out he had reassembled one of the struts incorrectly as it started making a noise over big bumps. And I believe put a nick in one of the lower arm ball joint rubbers I found recently. Thanks for that.

I've just paid again for the strut to be stripped and put back by Simon Ballard at College Motots in Burford (top place), and it's now fine. I can't do this sort of job myself but a costly lesson learned about where to go in future for a proper job.
Hi Rob.
Did you not contact him/them with your findings and receipt for the work that had to be undertaken again?

Either for a refund or to pay for the extra work that was carried out, i ask this because i have recently seen a car that was worked on from the same place/person which needed a lot of amendment to it, below was just a small part of the work that needed to be addressed.

Car was also left out in the rain with no cover over it, bonnet removed photo supplied by the owner of the car.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...49&postcount=2

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2022, 07:08   #9
RobH67

MG ZT-T 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Rob.
Did you not contact him/them with your findings and receipt for the work that had to be undertaken again?

Either for a refund or to pay for the extra work that was carried out, i ask this because i have recently seen a car that was worked on from the same place/person which needed a lot of amendment to it, below was just a small part of the work that needed to be addressed.

Car was also left out in the rain with no cover over it, bonnet removed photo supplied by the owner of the car.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...49&postcount=2
Hi,

Hmmm, yes.

For my most recent work, it's going to be very hard to prove he put a nick in the balljoint boot, as it might have been there already. He was always very hard to contact anyway so I suspect he's gone to ground. I do know for a fact that Mr M has deleted his personal and business FB pages although the business website still exists.

**And I note that this business is one of the Traders Shops still listed on this site**

I suspect it would be fruitless, stressful and a time drain for a relatively small amount of additional outlay to remove and reassemble the strut properly so I am sucking it up and filing it under 'Be careful who you trust'.

On the plus side, I've found a good place just 25 miles from me as noted above who let you see the work being done if you choose. That's where I'll go almost exclusively in future for stuff I can't do myself.
RobH67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2022, 09:45   #10
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeupname View Post
They're not all like that. a seller called lynnfromnewtonabbot has supplied me with exactly what I wanted a couple of times
Lynn is from the well known Rover/MG dealer in Newton Abbot. Always reliable and supplies some hard to get parts when available. And reliable descriptions to.