Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th June 2022, 20:07   #21
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
... I cannot believe this new proposal will ever come into force. It would effect tens of thousands of motorists within the M25, all having to scrap their cars ...
The proposal is to extend the ULEZ to all London boroughs and I expect that it will come into force. To date, nothing has stopped the Congestion Charge, the LEZ and the widening scope of the ULEZ.

Theo, as I pointed out earlier in your thread no-one has to "scrap their cars". It's an economic argument. If you pay the ULEZ charge you can continue to use your older petrol or diesel car. Remember also that many vehicles meet the Euro 4 standard and so are exempt (for the time being, until they raise the bar).

Simon
Old 11th June 2022, 14:40   #22
Theodore
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
The proposal is to extend the ULEZ to all London boroughs and I expect that it will come into force. To date, nothing has stopped the Congestion Charge, the LEZ and the widening scope of the ULEZ.

Theo, as I pointed out earlier in your thread no-one has to "scrap their cars". It's an economic argument. If you pay the ULEZ charge you can continue to use your older petrol or diesel car. Remember also that many vehicles meet the Euro 4 standard and so are exempt (for the time being, until they raise the bar).

Simon
I'm not so sure about it coming into force...Greater London has a population of around 9million, that's an awful lot of cars that would either have to be dumped onto the second hand market or scrapped. Assuming that is, Sadiq Khan has thought about that.

Regardless of which, I have finally had a definitive response from the DVLA (on a Saturday)?
"It may help if I explain that even if you were to change the engine or make modifications to the vehicle, DVLA will not be able to change the Vehicle CO2 Emissions on the V5C Registration Certificate."

To add to the dilemma, I will need to decide whether to change the belts or not....
Theodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2022, 14:56   #23
Theodore
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post
Just because you think something or someone is too-big TO STOP does not mean they cant be brought down its a state of mind and the way the world is currently... you will never have a better opportunity than now to stand your ground... the council have not the power to "MAKE ANYONE" SCRAP anything......the whole inner sector of people affected should get together chip in for a lawyer under English common law and start to sue and also place in a no confidence against the mayor of London...... don't just take it take action... thats what these cr*p bags always do........push their agenda.... which does not help the modern man.

The agenda is clear to see, if you read between the lines
I think we will have to wait and see what comes of the white paper and how it might effect the 9m or so population of Greater London.

But, at least we now know: DVLA says changing the engine will not make any difference. Which is of course, absurd.
Theodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2022, 15:20   #24
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
But, at least we now know: DVLA says changing the engine will not make any difference. Which is of course, absurd.
I think this is because only car manufacturers can provide the necessary data which shows whether or not a vehicle meets the relevant Euro standard. Also, the government doesn't want to get involved in approving or otherwise owners' modifications. They just want to collect the tax.

Simon