Notices

Old 13th June 2022, 07:30   #41
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Surely, that is one and the same. Otherwise I cannot see what you are getting at!

Kev
Kev, they are not the same in any shape or form.
You need to look back at the thread, it is mentioned that,
I, apparently think rules or rights can be over ridden at the stroke of a pen. I have asked for evidence WHERE I SUGGEST THIS. I have not asked for evidence of where it has been done or by whom, naturally as I did not make such a suggestion no evidence has been put forward.

I believe until the streets of America are cleared of guns the shootings will continue. There are so many guns in America and such a strong urge to own a gun the streets will never be cleared of guns and it is unlikely that they will ever be banned from public ownership.

I wonder how many students murdered at school, college and university have parents that were at the time pro gun and how many had parents that were not pro gun and if these figures have changed.

I do not think life can always be about an individuals rights but about the rights of everyone. People have the right to own gun in America but what about the rights of the innocent that have been shot dead? Should the right to own a gun trump the right to life without the fear of being shot?
Who sends their child to school think they are going to be shot?
To prevent the same thing in the UK if there was a vote about allowing people to own a gun I would not vote to have the right to own a gun, I would vote against it and would consider I was voting for the right of everyone to life without the fear of being shot and for a safer living environment.
I think some people miss the point, they cite an instant where someone has defended themselves with a gun where they are being attacked by someone with a gun.
The point is that if there were "no guns", the incident would "not be" happening.

We have a "no gun law" in the UK but we do have gun crime so there will be times a crime will happen but the number of incidents would be greatly reduced

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2022, 09:10   #42
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Mac,

We'll have to leave it there as I'm not comprehending "the stroke of a pen" side of things.

Gun crime in the UK is higher now due to illegal weapon imports and the change in society mix!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2022, 20:16   #43
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Default Answers to questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Still avoiding the questions I put to you? It is not possible to discuss with you as you dont want to discuss but avoid so I'm giving up as I can not be bothered any more.

macafee2
I'm not avoiding questions, I just work for a living and it takes time to sort through all your drivel.
1. Why would I want an armoury.
I've had an interest in guns since joining the military and gaining my marksman badge at the age of 19, it's a challenge and a sport, an Olympic sport at that.
2. You cant stop someone buying a gun and killing someone, same as you cant stop someone buying a slingshot and popping a ball bearing into someone's head or buying a knife and stabbing someone.
3. Losing my rag and killing someone. There is nothing to stop me from doing so, but I would hope the 15+ years of training I've had would stop me doing that.
4. Cars, they can and recently have been used to kill, I have a truck licence, HGVs can be used to kill more and are near impossible to stop with conventional methods.
5. What about you messes kids up. You seem to me to be the kind that blatantly follows instructions without question, I believe today's identification is, sheeple in the mob we called them yes men. My ethos is, question everything.
6. Rights eroded at the stroke of a pen. The list is long and distinguished on that one, it goes back decades. The right to free speech, eroded, The right to earn an honest living, eroded, the human rights act, cut to the bare minimum. We've had lockdowns, the right to free travel eroded, mask mandates. And my personal favourite, vaccine mandates, which are now coming back to bite in the form of irreversible side effects.
7. The rights of the children. Bad things do happen in this world, we have wars, I've done 3 of these, we have famine, we have disease. Unfortunately as we have black we have white, where we have good, we have evil. It's a fact of life, we have to deal with that in our own ways. Yours is to throw your arms up and blame the gun, it's not the gun, it's the person wielding it.
8. You cant be bothered anymore, maybe you shouldn't have been bothered in the first place and kept your lips sealed, a nay sayer so to speak. I'm glad I'm not like you, I had 15+ years of being bothered, for my country and it's people, that includes yourself, depending on your age of course.
I await my berating. Not that it will affect me, I'm old, cynical and very thick skinned.
Wizzo337
wizzo337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2022, 20:49   #44
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzo337 View Post
Case in point and very current is the WHO Pandemic Treaty, which in an "emergency", would allow the World Health Organisation to override a countries given sovereignty and impose all kinds of measures on its population of which that country would have no control. This will all be implemented at BoJo The Clowns whim, were you consulted over this, I wasn't.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...ings/cbp-9550/
I would vote for the UK to leave the WHO. It's one of many organisations run by unelected globalists that have great disdain for nation states, democracy or the truth. Many of the major national and international agencies have been 'captured' by people who have only their own often devious agenda in mind. We should look at where the funding comes from. ' Follow the money'. I'd rather trust our own medical professionals to make up their own minds than have a corrupt supranationalist organisation tell them what to do and how they must do it.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2022, 23:03   #45
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
I would vote for the UK to leave the WHO. It's one of many organisations run by unelected globalists that have great disdain for nation states, democracy or the truth. Many of the major national and international agencies have been 'captured' by people who have only their own often devious agenda in mind. We should look at where the funding comes from. ' Follow the money'. I'd rather trust our own medical professionals to make up their own minds than have a corrupt supranationalist organisation tell them what to do and how they must do it.

But the reality outside europe is that many countries do not have the infrastructure or the political governance to handle pandemics. The WHO with all its shortcomings works well for such countries and regions.

With countries such as the UK, irerspective of the performance of governments, a body of professionals and associated health infrastructure exists such that WHO driven initiatives would be more counterproductive than effective at the national level. Most of Africa is at the opposite end of the capability spectrum, as are many Asian countries.
Old 14th June 2022, 23:10   #46
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I used to be all for gun control until I read some of the posts in this thread. Now I think I would feel safer owning a few guns.

Only joking chaps, let's keep it light.

I would love to own a rifle for dealing with rabbits. I have no interest in using a shotgun as there is not much skill involved. I am happy to have my freedom to own a rifle curtailed in the interest of the wider good that is gun control. It's a shame the rabbits seem to be getting plumper ecah year with the air rifle sometimes not having quite as much effect as desired.
Old 15th June 2022, 01:01   #47
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

American politics is worse than British politics, there are dedicated forums for it (Bolitics )etc

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote