Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th July 2022, 06:35   #11
davidbooker
Gets stuck in

'51 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn. Purchased 02/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
The factory ones on my Berlingo lasted 144k miles.(4 years) Purchased another set of Bosch ones been on 4 months and very happy with them.
That's quite an annual mileage! My complaint with conventional wipers is not about longevity, but appearance and performance. Even 'good' makes seem to shake, squeak and judder from day one because of poor arm to blade articulation, and look very shoddy after only a few months. We take pride in our cars, and nothing ruins the look more than grey, rusty wiper blades!
davidbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2022, 08:30   #12
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

[QUOTE=davidbooker;2938107 Even 'good' makes seem to shake, squeak and judder from day one because of poor arm to blade articulation, and look very shoddy after only a few months. [/QUOTE]

What am I doing wrong? I do not suffer "shake, squeak and judder"
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2022, 13:13   #13
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

I've got some Bosch Aerotwins on my ZT and they suffered from what I can only describe as 'lift and judder' at speed right under the pivot. The cheapy Lidl specials I had on before that were fine in that regard. After some advice from Arctic and Andy then a good grease up of the arm spring and a proper clean of the screen with Barkeeper's Friend cured the lift and judder. Been fine ever since. Guess it's the cleanliness of the screen that affects judder more than the blade - it may look clean, but there's probably a truck load of road grime, cleaning residue and other lovely stuff forming a film.
Old 5th July 2022, 17:49   #14
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
I bought two pairs of Bosch wipers a while back. The first pair squeaked from the off & run very roughly across the screen. Rubbing alcohol did nothing & l expect l'll change them for the second pair once the car is back on the road next week. Let's hope it wasn't a bad batch.
Shuddering and/or squeaking has been my experience with Bosch so went of my usable list quite a few years ago now.

Try using vinegar Works on my Fish & Chips!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2022, 17:52   #15
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbooker View Post
Yes, they are Champions, purchased from a reputable retailer for the March 2021 MOT, and they were still perfectly serviceable. What really annoyed me was the fact that the black finish had faded badly, and rust was starting to appear on the pivots. Not what you want to view from the driver's seat! Also, the u-clip on the arms did not engage with them very positively, despite being very hard to remove. And they squeaked and smeared alot.....the new wipers address all of these complaints, but it will be interesting to see how they perform in the long term.

My daily driver is a July 2020 Hyundai Ioniq, which still has its original wipers, which look identical to these. At 22000 miles, they still look and perform like new, with no colour fading, rust, squeaking or smearing.
Yeah, I used to champion Champion in the 70's but they moved production to China. I've also tried a set of the latter and they don't seem a patch on the old UK made ones.
##
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2022, 17:52   #16
davidbooker
Gets stuck in

'51 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn. Purchased 02/05

I find isopropyl alcohol is very good at preventing smearing, but squeaking and juddering are more mechanical.
davidbooker is offline   Reply With Quote