Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th April 2008, 10:45   #1
traskutis

Rover 75 CDT

Unhappy rover 75 cdt won't lock...

Hi, i was replacing front speakers and when i took the driver side door card out, i heard a beep and a small round plastic circle fell out. The circle looks like a coat button with a hole in the center.

Now the car won't lock, when i am trying to lock it ,it gives me one beep which probably indicates that the door isn't shut properly.

The car won't lock manually as well...when inserting a key in the door lock, it twists to both sides but nothing happens.

When pressing lock on the remote i can see that it tries to lock it, but something is indicating that the doors isn't shut.

On board computer recognizes when the door is shut...

The only way of locking it , is pressing the lock button from inside of the car and getting out from passengers side. Mileage display remans lit all times.

Thanks for any help!!!!!
traskutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 17:21   #2
Simon
Banned

-

Gintaras.

Not too sure what has happened to your door lock but from what you've said it would appear some aspect of the lock has broken off (or become dislodged) thus preventing the lock from being operated via the motors in the door, hence the beep sound when the car detects it cannot lock the door via the locking system. Hopefully someone will point you in the right direction soon enough as to what could have gone awry.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 17:29   #3
traskutis

Rover 75 CDT

Hi Simon,

i tried a new lock mechanism, and checked all the cables they work fine.... i can lock the car manually... but it locks only the drivers doors and still beeps.

Where can i get the car checked ? as i run out of ideas....
Old 13th April 2008, 17:40   #4
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Are you sure nothing else is open slightly?
Boot, Bonnet, Other doors or Sunroof.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 18:12   #5
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Try posting up a picture of the bit that dropped out, and if you add in your location, someone local to you may be able to assist you.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 21:42   #6
traskutis

Rover 75 CDT

Hi!

here is the picture of the dropped out bit :
http://picasaweb.google.com/traskuti...47667532838034
the size is same as 50 pence coin,and it got DZUS written on it.

and i live in Surrey, Kingston Upon Thames, but i don't mind traveling...

boot,bonnet, all other doors is ok, even the drivers door is ok, trip computer recognises when it is closed or opened...

cheers

Last edited by traskutis; 13th April 2008 at 21:49..
Old 13th April 2008, 22:55   #7
BigJacko
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 Club (2002)

The bit about the mileage showing even with the key out, would tend to suggest something else is amiss, rather than the door itself. I can't identify the part you've shown - and it doesn't look like it'd be more complex than a shim or a washer for something (or perhaps even something dropped down the door at some point in its life).

I suppose it's possible the remote keyfob has just become 'de-synchronised' from the car. Long shot, but have you tried pressing either of the two buttons on the key FOUR times in quick succession (whilst holding the key in close proximity to the car, obviously)? That should re-sync them, if it has...

I'm wondering whether the 'beep' occurred because you just happened to catch the locking-plate cable while the door was open, which would've triggered an attempt to lock the car - and of course, the door being open would cause a 'mislock' and the beep. From there - dunno - maybe somehow you shorted something, perhaps, and/or caused the key to lose sync? Certainly I can't explain why the loss of that tiny circle of plastic would've caused this - doesn't make sense...
Old 14th April 2008, 07:53   #8
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by traskutis View Post
Hi!

here is the picture of the dropped out bit :
http://picasaweb.google.com/traskuti...47667532838034
the size is same as 50 pence coin,and it got DZUS written on it.

cheers
Can't really help, other than commenting that most motorcyle plastic bits - fairings etc - are fastened on with DZUS-type fasteners.

They fasten two single thicknesses together, IIRC. Could therefore be holding anything in place, from holding the actual doorcard to the door pressing, to locating part of the locking mechanism.

HTH

Malcolm
baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 13:37   #9
traskutis

Rover 75 CDT

i believe that the problem is not in the remote.. as when i try to lock it manually it locks only the drivers side door and beeps.

in the first post i wrote that after i removed a door card i heard a beep, it was memory seat beep, i pressed couple of buttons while sitting. i just bought the car so i didn't know what sound memory seats makes .

today i was locking the car from the inside by pressing the lock button near the gear stick, and it didn't lock+beeped, i tired few more times and it locked. I opened again and played with it few more times and sometimes it locked sometimes it didn't, when didn't it always beeped.

can T4 recognise such fault ? can anyone recommend where i can check it ? i am based in surrey, but as i already mentioned i don't mind traveling.

cheers
Old 17th April 2008, 22:12   #10
traskutis

Rover 75 CDT

called local rover repair garage, they said £100 just to check it on computer..... i think it is too much , anyone can do cheaper ?

cheers