Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st February 2022, 21:22   #1
MDMH757
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default What are these wires for?

Hi All,

When I took out VDO CD413 Single din player out of my car to replace with a chinese double din Android 10 unit, I noticed two wires (brown & purple) which where plugged into a separate plug from the standard ISO sockets....

Anybody out there know what these wire are for? as I haven't plugged anything from the android unit into the corresponding socket? (never had them on my previous Mk1 cars... current car is a Mk2).

Also everytime I get into car & start up car & android unit, I have to wait around 7 mins for the 11500 odd songs to load up as if it rebooting the unit. and never continues the last song which was playing when last got out of the car.... any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

Maurice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0536.jpg (23.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0537.jpg (17.1 KB, 35 views)
MDMH757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2022, 00:08   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMH757 View Post
Hi All,

When I took out VDO CD413 Single din player out of my car to replace with a chinese double din Android 10 unit, I noticed two wires (brown & purple) which where plugged into a separate plug from the standard ISO sockets....

Anybody out there know what these wire are for? as I haven't plugged anything from the android unit into the corresponding socket? (never had them on my previous Mk1 cars... current car is a Mk2).

Also everytime I get into car & start up car & android unit, I have to wait around 7 mins for the 11500 odd songs to load up as if it rebooting the unit. and never continues the last song which was playing when last got out of the car.... any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

Maurice
I do not know what the wires are for, aerial perhaps (eg additional earthing)?

But I would guess the lack of memory for the Android unit is down to the two power leads being incorrectly fitted (normally red and yellow). Swapping switched and permanent lives around I imagine will resolve this. This is conditional on the unit not being faulty, and/or the permanent live fuse has not blown (hopefully it will have one inline).

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote