Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd July 2022, 11:20   #51
Freelander1

Freelander1 and 2

Default Austin Garages

Thank you for allowing me to join your group. I noticed your discussion regarding Austin Garages. I have regularly used AG since 2011, initially for my 06 plate Freelander 1 and more recently (in addition) for my Freelander 2 for all servicing and repairs. Not only is the service and experience 2nd to none (imho) it’s also a pleasant drive from Burntwood (when using the scenic route via Yoxall etc.). Sincerely wishing all the best to Nick and Jean. Thank you again for letting me join your group.

Kind regards Paul
Freelander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2022, 14:33   #52
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelander1 View Post
Thank you for allowing me to join your group. I noticed your discussion regarding Austin Garages. I have regularly used AG since 2011, initially for my 06 plate Freelander 1 and more recently (in addition) for my Freelander 2 for all servicing and repairs. Not only is the service and experience 2nd to none (imho) it’s also a pleasant drive from Burntwood (when using the scenic route via Yoxall etc.). Sincerely wishing all the best to Nick and Jean. Thank you again for letting me join your group.

Kind regards Paul
Like you I've been a customer of Austin Garages since it's inception and I could desperately do with Nick's help with one of my Rovers.I've always had a private number for him and until a couple of weeks ago had resisted contacting him.I dropped him a brief text expressing my sympathy for their situation and asked if he had any plans to resume.Sadly I haven't had a reply which tells me the circumstances remain unchanged.If they do reopen I wouldn't like to be at the back of the queue.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2022, 06:26   #53
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

sadly after many many years with two of our, cars given it took near 4 months to get our F back , with out mot but serviced , today i drop my 75 off else were to get serviced and MOT .... Very sad butt i need it done and currently Austin garages situation is ??????? i hope things will return to normal but i can't wait , very sad and after all these years a shock to be going elsewhere ... the place i'm going to is not a Rover place sadly but they did the bodywork on the F and 75 and did the mot on the f when we finally freed our F with out one ... and walking distance if ness . i do hope they get back to operation asap but i have no idea when , since getting the F back had not contact with jean , had some pre but getting ....

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2022, 21:05   #54
Atlan
Avid contributor

rover 75

Seem to be doing ok on the bay if it is the same company. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/austingar...75.m3561.l2562
Old 4th September 2022, 09:36   #55
MarcJD

Rover 75 Saloon connoissseur Se CDTI

Hi
Any news on Austin Garages, I noticed on the company website Guest book a comment from 3 August 2022 about recent work but still seems to be closed?
Marc
MarcJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2022, 14:03   #56
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Recently ordered some brake pipes from them, due for delivery early next week.
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2022, 16:13   #57
starbug2
This is my second home

I hope they will return but currently ??????

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
Old 4th September 2022, 16:46   #58
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbug2 View Post
I hope they will return but currently ??????
I think next month marks a year of closure,it would be nice to have some sort of official update regarding their future plans.I badly miss the reassurance Nick provided when owning and maintaining three Rovers.I completely understand that family and private life trump's working life but the not knowing of future intentions has left a lot of loyal customers in a state of limbo.I wish them well and thank them for all past work regardless of what the future holds.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2022, 19:58   #59
starbug2
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I think next month marks a year of closure,it would be nice to have some sort of official update regarding their future plans.I badly miss the reassurance Nick provided when owning and maintaining three Rovers.I completely understand that family and private life trump's working life but the not knowing of future intentions has left a lot of loyal customers in a state of limbo.I wish them well and thank them for all past work regardless of what the future holds.
Agreed not knowing is the worst thing . when i dropped our F off in jan i had no idea how bad things were to be .. i knew things not great hence not getting the f done sooner but the MOT was due and i wasnt in a rush . But near 4 months was the time we had to get our car back serviced but without MOT which had to arrange by us ... when we collected the car it was key hidden job and never saw them .. not had contact with jean since so no idea of situation .. i had to get my 75 done by local place as need my car done . i have used austin garages for many many years and sad things are currently how they are ... i hope things are better but i do not know ....

Old 4th January 2023, 11:00   #60
MarcJD

Rover 75 Saloon connoissseur Se CDTI

Any News about Austin Garages?
MarcJD is offline   Reply With Quote