Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st August 2015, 19:13   #161
willshot
Posted a thing or two

Ex-ZI190 owner. ,Ford Focus RS

My 8.1 desktop, 8.1 laptop and ,my 7 desktop are all now upgraded to Windows 10. They are all running faultless and all apps working as they should.
willshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 20:50   #162
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

For the few who didn't like Windows 10, did you stay around long enough to discover that if you right clicked the Start button, it shows many options like Control Panel, Programs & Features, File manager (like Windows Explorer with new name) Task Manager, System, device manager, even Command prompt among others.

A Simple click otherwise shows the Apps and maybe that's why folks prefer Win 7?

chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 21:00   #163
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsceola View Post
For the few who didn't like Windows 10, did you stay around long enough to discover that if you right clicked the Start button, it shows many options like Control Panel, Programs & Features, File manager (like Windows Explorer with new name) Task Manager, System, device manager, even Command prompt among others.

A Simple click otherwise shows the Apps and maybe that's why folks prefer Win 7?
That right click is brilliant

Windows10 is by far the best there are so many improvements which makes multitasking a breeze. Its got to be the most user friendly, and the most powerful OS that is currently available.

Win10 leaves XP, Vista, Win7 & 8 at the the stalls, they don't even make the first hurdle.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 23:05   #164
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

Windows10 is by far the best there are so many improvements which makes multitasking a breeze. Its got to be the most user friendly, and the most powerful OS that is currently available.

Win10 leaves XP, Vista, Win7 & 8 at the the stalls, they don't even make the first hurdle.
I agree, use right click most often, of the few times I want to use their Apps then I click start, otherwise it's right click all the way. The exception of course are the 17 program icons on the task bar, simple point and click launches same as it did on 7 and 8.1 or XP & Vista come to that.

chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 05:31   #165
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

It has so much that I have not explored them all and after a couple of weeks still find it excellent.
Clicking the notification button next to the clock, click all settings and type something in the top right search box..... let`s say "printer" and see all the choices come up, I coud not find screen saver (they hid that well)
but type it in there and look on the task bar. Faster still, type it in Cortana`s search box.
Just two of the many things made easier, those that don`t change will have to at some stage in the future and it will cost, a year from now £99, 5years from now probably £199.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:53   #166
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Now read this

A Microsoft spokesperson stated: "After the first year, you would not be able to move the installation to a different device, as the upgrade is specific to your device, not your license or Windows account. After that first year, for devices not upgraded, you would have to purchase a copy of Windows 10 through the Microsoft Store or Microsoft retail partners."
To make things even more confusing, if you eventually purchase a retail edition of the Win10 license, you will be able to move that copy from one computer to another — that version comes with portability rights.
You can, however, still upgrade a Win10 system. As with earlier Windows versions (typically tied to the Windows Genuine Advantage program), you'll need to call Microsoft to reactivate the license if you change major parts of your computer after upgrading to Win10. (It's usually an annoying but not too painful process.)

KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 15:19   #167
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

Apparently this is very different between machines.
I removed Win10 after 2 weeks because I was sick of all the trouble it gave. Things not being compatible, worse performance, much more temp files then ever before and the startup was horrendous.
Put Win7 back on, and the laptop is flying high like it used to.

Win10 is just not for me. In my case it is not better then 7 in any way I can think off.