Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd November 2019, 20:09   #11
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Blooming heck Dave, why go do something like that, you should have reached out sooner. If you wasn't so far away I would come round and give you a slap myself.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2019, 20:35   #12
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I can only echo what has been said Davey, the fact that you have "come out", for want of a better phrase is the first step to recovery.
As Phil said earlier though, you need today off the booze for a while, certainly until you are fully recovered. You may think alcohol is your friend at times like this, it is not, it is your enemy, and can lead you down that dark path again.
Take care and if you feel that things are getting on top of you again, for goodness sake, shout up, we have all been in a dark place at one time, myself included not long after my dad passed away. With the help of my wife, the rest of the family, and my good friends on here, I realised where the problem lay, and pulled myself round.
Old 4th November 2019, 13:58   #13
Fifer
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE + 1947 Morris 8

It took a lot of guts to write what you did Dave, but you are among friends here.

We have never met, but I have enjoyed your posts as you always seemed so cheerful, inventive, and full of energy. Others have said it more eloquently, but I'm glad to hear that you now understand what was happening to you, and are turning yourself around. Forget the past. Never look back. The only way is forward, to what I hope will be a much happier future.

Jim
Fifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 14:54   #14
LotusLC
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi Auto / ZT-T Trophy Blue

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,238 Posts

Like others have said Dave, and i say this as a friend, please sort out your drinking problem, then the rest of your life will be a better place.

I work with 3 people who drink to excess , 1 has died this year, 1 is dying , only a matter of time and 1 has various problems due the drinking too much.

Take care Gary.

https://i.imgur.com/Cwa3376m.jpg
LotusLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 19:22   #15
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Guys, in defence of the good Lord rover, he was at ours last weekend and drank in moderation, there was no full on session like the old Lord was (in)famous for.
Old 5th November 2019, 08:09   #16
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Guys, in defence of the good Lord rover, he was at ours last weekend and drank in moderation, there was no full on session like the old Lord was (in)famous for.
Hi Andy, thanks for the feedback about Dave’s drinking, that was most helpful. Would you happen to know if he has been admitted into a mental health unit for assessment and treatment after his suicide attempt, or is he back home and if he is, I hope he is receiving support and follow up from the mental health services in the community. I realise you might not know anything, or perhaps you can’t say because of confidentiality. I do not have his contact details and there have been no more posts from him in this thread since the 2nd. I am concerned about his well being given the serous nature of what Dave wrote about. If you are in touch with him, please let him know we are thinking about him.......
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 11:20   #17
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Hi Phil

Dave has has support and counselling from a very nice support worker (according to Dave)

The main thing is Dave is now talking about his issues which as we know will help immensely.
Old 5th November 2019, 14:25   #18
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Hi Phil

Dave has has support and counselling from a very nice support worker (according to Dave)

The main thing is Dave is now talking about his issues which as we know will help immensely.
Cheers Andy, it is a good sign Dave is making use of a support worker for counselling and backup. Thank you for getting back, I will leave it there.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 17:08   #19
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts
Default Just seen Your posts now :)

Hiya all how's everybody doing just got back from work

Just want too say Thank you too everyone's posts I really appreciate a great deal and things are certainly looking its been over three weeks now and things are certainly getting better.

I do want too say a few things as well too clear the air as this has too stop right now as it is starting too get on my wick a bit.

Its about the drinking, I know that some of you have mentioned it, Even just did video just now too upload again went over the 500 MB limit so I can't.

Yes I used too have a good sesh on the days that I was able too get cover for sometimes I would go over a bit silly but there you go.

Comes across too me that you all think that I'm a serious Alcoholic that's what it looks like too me from some of the responses.

Well truth be told I don't rely on it mainly because I don't want too and most importantly too keep my driving licence clean and my job which involves a lot of driving, I've got a class 2 I don't want too beeping that up as I may go for my class one.

North Wales police are very keen EXTREAMLY KEEN I don't want too take any chances.

When I was more social sure I'd have a few on the nights and have a good laugh, but again there tied down with kids, Girlfriends and wife's.

I don't get too do that so much anymore.

When I go too car meets I have few as well because its social occasion which I don't get anymore.
That's one part of the job I hate I've cut myself off a bit.

Again my contract with the company there always has be cover available if not I could lose that contract it will be game over for me and then I'll be the beeps.

Last time I had few was when I had chance too spend time with my girlfriend if I was able too get cover sure I was drunk but we both had a good laugh.

When I tried too top myself off I had everything planned and drink wasn't involved and do you why?

Because I wanted too make at the time that the job would be done I wasn't expecting too survive.

Fueled probe with petrol at my local garage spoke too Stephen briefly.
Came back home spoke too my parents for a bit I told I loved them as they went too bed I went too the house grab some beers 3 carlings and one cider.

Last minute prep of the car

Found a spot.

Parked up.

Let the car do the rest.

that's when I opened one up and too help me relax.

When they found me and I was back in back ambulance I told them that I did have a drink which may affect my blood pressure wanted too be honest with them before they gave me oxygen.

All I ask is can you please knock it on the head please in the end of the day its not me I'll be very honest.

There you have it folks despite everything that's happened.
I've accepted that it has I can't change it, but I can change the way I deal with things for instance I need too talk more a lot more then I do.

The more I talk about it the better I feel, a sense inner peace in my heart and mind.

Thank you all for reading I'll be back again soon.

Just heading off too the gym in a bit ready for other session.

Lordy signing off.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Last edited by Lordy; 5th November 2019 at 20:33..
Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 20:42   #20
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Just got back from training and I was able too lift heavier then I was, I got so wound up about it that I pushed myself a bit more then I did.

My bench press was better.
nearly every lift went up at least 10 killer grams.

Funny way you helped push my limits lol.

But again Please knock it off with the assumed drinking problem please its not my driving force and its not who I am.

I haven't helped myself with the posts where there's beers involved but again that was my way of spicing up the forums so we can all have a laugh and have a banter its all good fun.

But some of you its gone the other way.

Just want too clear the air once and for all.

Time for a pig out time too hunt in the carboards.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote