Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th June 2020, 14:43   #31
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
similar here closer to home https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-53091149. I suspect this will become a common problem as many have the virus without symptoms or just ignore them cos they need the work. Be interesting to see if there is a spike in Manchester in the next couple of weeks following those illegal raves by the simple minded morons

Would appear the same morons may well attempt a drive down the M6 instead. What was it that was said at the start of this malarkey?

There are two problems the UK faces; the density of the population and the density of the population.

12 days to go and freedom.
Old 19th June 2020, 15:26   #32
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
similar here closer to home https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-53091149. I suspect this will become a common problem as many have the virus without symptoms or just ignore them cos they need the work. Be interesting to see if there is a spike in Manchester in the next couple of weeks following those illegal raves by the simple minded morons
Paul, you are acting up to your screen ID! Morons? in Manchester? And you live where you do? You are very brave mon ami. Oop north syndrome? Take care lad, there'll be cloth caps raining on you and you might have heard how 'ard they are! Of course you meant a subsection of whatevertheyare but...really? By the way I wasn't born there, but you wouldn't call a scouser that. Or would you?
Old 19th June 2020, 15:54   #33
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Still laughing!
Some men left, with a bit of hair on their chests, who wouldave thunk!!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Nf7N91lc8
Old 19th June 2020, 19:16   #34
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Paul, you are acting up to your screen ID! Morons? in Manchester? And you live where you do? You are very brave mon ami. Oop north syndrome? Take care lad, there'll be cloth caps raining on you and you might have heard how 'ard they are! Of course you meant a subsection of whatevertheyare but...really? By the way I wasn't born there, but you wouldn't call a scouser that. Or would you?
Ye gods raining cloth caps I thought they were only the preserve of Rover owners and them from t'other side of the Pennines. Scousers - wouldn't dream of it I'm sure I could find a better stereotype if pushed

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Old 21st June 2020, 14:39   #35
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Ye gods raining cloth caps I thought they were only the preserve of Rover owners and them from t'other side of the Pennines. Scousers - wouldn't dream of it I'm sure I could find a better stereotype if pushed
How are you doing Nobby? I remember how you went through a very difficult time in March after you lost Jen your wife to a terrible wasting disease. We were due to meet up at The Ugly Duckling in Camberley, but it wasn’t to be (I was over in the UK at the time).

Having met you over the years and filmed your beautiful tourer, I was always impressed by your sense of humour and ability to make others laugh despite everything. I have never seen you as being pompous or having any ideas of superiority......sadly I am having to wear a cloth cap these days

No worries, hopefully it won’t be too long before the meets can resume.
Old 21st June 2020, 16:18   #36
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
ftfy

Why the pointless 'simple minded morons'? Do you really think that you're superior to others to that extent? It's about time for a halt on using derogatory labelling of groups of people. It serve's no purpose except to demonstrate your own egotism. Put the full stop at the end of 'raves' and lose the last 5 words and you'll see that you still make your point: and more convincingly as well.

Very difficult for us to tell if there's been local spiking due to the lack of detail in the govt figures. But there's certainly not been any countrywide spike of significance.
Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for Tanelorn in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings

I did try, honest.--
Old 21st June 2020, 16:28   #37
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Would appear the same morons may well attempt a drive down the M6 instead. What was it that was said at the start of this malarkey?

There are two problems the UK faces; the density of the population and the density of the population.

12 days to go and freedom.
I see what you did there with that play of words.---
Old 21st June 2020, 16:43   #38
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

[QUOTE=Avulon;2819831]ftfy

Why the pointless 'simple minded morons'? Do you really think that you're superior to others to that extent? It's about time for a halt on using derogatory labelling of groups of people. It serve's no purpose except to demonstrate your own egotism. Put the full stop at the end of 'raves' and lose the last 5 words and you'll see that you still make your point: and more convincingly as well.

A glance in a mirror might be beneficial.----
Old 21st June 2020, 16:56   #39
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

[QUOTE=COLVERT;2820241]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
ftfy

A glance in a mirror might be beneficial.----
I judge against myself, and there are loads of morons out there, and lots of high and mighty Brits.
Old 21st June 2020, 17:29   #40
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

[QUOTE=planenut;2820244

I judge against myself, and there are loads of morons out there, and lots of high and mighty Brits.[/QUOTE]

Well said and I totally concur----.

Last edited by COLVERT; 25th June 2020 at 17:36..
Closed Thread