Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th January 2010, 13:07   #41
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Jaguar X Type 2.2 SE Diesel estate Mem No789

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Something's still not right, you should be able to connect to the net without those problems, ,try and install Malwarebytes anti malware if you haven't already, make sure it's updated and check if it finds anything. (don't ever only trust one application )

You should ideally only be running one Anti-virus application running two can cause problems.
Decide which one to use then discard the other then re-install the one you want.

In addition to the Anti-virus software you should use a Anti malware program like Malwarebyte's or Spybot S&D.

Russ
Hi Russ have got this one installed Malwarebyte's, Comodo, Avast and I have just got this one and running as we speak Stinger to try and get to the bottom of things.
After stinger has finished I will uninstall all that I can and reinstall Malwarebyte's and which ever probibly Stinger.
Anythoughts on my programme of attack?
Regards
92 squadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 16:45   #42
e668ecp
I really should get out more.......

Range Rover Evoque and ZT V8 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 squadron View Post
Hi Russ have got this one installed Malwarebyte's, Comodo, Avast and I have just got this one and running as we speak Stinger to try and get to the bottom of things.
After stinger has finished I will uninstall all that I can and reinstall Malwarebyte's and which ever probibly Stinger.
Anythoughts on my programme of attack?
Regards
It has probably altered the Proxy server on your PC... this virus does this.

Control Panel > Internet Connections > Connections > Untick the Proxy server tick box

Click ok

It is a horrible virus to get rid of.

Another good program is:

ComboFix
e668ecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 22:49   #43
cjmillsnun
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTi & MGZT+ CDTi 135

I really cannot advocate trying to "remove" this kind of virus.

The quickest and easiest solution is to back up DATA to disk, plug into a known virus free computer (I would suggest a friend with a Mac/Linux!) with a fully updated AV (if it's a Mac/Linux user, they will have to download and install said AV - but can do it with a trial version) to scan the data. Then reformat and re-install Windows. Do all Windows updates, download Microsoft Security Essentials and Firefox/Chrome, then install your updates.

Lastly re-add your data then do a full scan for viruses. You should be clean.
cjmillsnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 14:20   #44
stef_uk
Gets stuck in

ZT75

how are you trying to remove avasti?...through its own program or add/remove in control panel?.if neither of these work you can delete the avasti folder from the registry then run add/remove...this will then say can't find program do you want to delete from list...jobdone

hth steve
Old 10th February 2010, 03:59   #45
ootfurrahoot

mg zt-t soon to be

i have a friend who is a bit of a pc genius, has his own shop in falkirk central scotland, very helpfull chap indeed, his shop name is corrie data services, and is a qualified ethical hacker, means he can hack legaly if instucted by the court for investigation reasons and also can stand in court to give proffessional testimonys for forensic investigations, he has always told me to run Drweb, avg free, and ccleaner, nothing else, all three of these are free, this may be of help, his link is, phone number included in the link
http://www.corriedataservices.co.uk/page5.html
most definatly the chap to talk to, refer my name trev the biker and will be more than willing to help and advise, hope this helps
ootfurrahoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 00:37   #46
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Jaguar X Type 2.2 SE Diesel estate Mem No789

Default Fin

O.K. Folks, Thanks for ALL your help on this matter I am eternally gratefull for all the ideas that you have proposioned me with. I now have a free running PC after sorting out my AVAST problem I did a registry clean up and is now running sweet as a nut. Greeners [DAVE]thanks for the offer to sort it out and hope all is well with yourself and back to work, will pop over for a beer sometime soon. I have an old laptop that is running at snails pace if anyone living close would like to inject a boost into it! again I would be most greatfull.
Regards
92 squadron is offline   Reply With Quote