Rocket
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE HIGHLINE TOURER MANUAL 2.5 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
Connects2 provide an interface to replace the CD changer

http://www.connects2.co.uk/c2search....=226&modID=547

Simon

OK, I have taken the CD changer out. Does this connects2 box just plug into the cable already in the glove box or do I have to replace the original cable with the one from connects 2.

Anyone want a cheap CD auto changer?

http://www.paulstickley.com/

Last edited by Rocket; 20th August 2012 at 10:27..
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 19:30   #12
Nunfa1
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5V6 Auto Con SE

Does the Nexus have bluetooth then? I've just got an Android tablet and I like it a lot. Thought about a small one in the car but it would benefit from bluetooth built in I think, especially for the Torque Pro app.

Pictures would be good too.
Nunfa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 19:57   #13
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunfa1 View Post
Does the Nexus have bluetooth then? I've just got an Android tablet and I like it a lot. Thought about a small one in the car but it would benefit from bluetooth built in I think, especially for the Torque Pro app.

Pictures would be good too.
Yes it does have bluetooth.

I will put up some pics or maybe a movie but I don't have the dash mount yet or the connection to the car audio system. I have spent ages reading up on satnav software, media players, getting torque on etc etc.

So the tablet is loaded and ready to go but I just need a couple of items to mount and connect in car.

Review here, there are many on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPk7LLdRUx4

Old 21st August 2012, 07:55   #14
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
OK, I have taken the CD changer out. Does this connects2 box just plug into the cable already in the glove box or do I have to replace the original cable with the one from connects 2.

Anyone want a cheap CD auto changer?
I don't know I am afraid, haven't fitted one myself, just know they exist.

Try a post in the ICE section, im sure others have
sikelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:59   #15
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

I got the mount for the tablet today and it looks ok especially as it was about £6 on ebay. The tablet is a bit large for window mounting so I tried the mount on top of the dash but it won't suck onto the dash board top. I have now ordered an adhesive pad to stick on top the dash and then the mount should suck onto the pad. Offering everything by hand I should be able to mount it in front the clock.

Also today, I got the connects2 aux adapter. After a brief look it was apparant it would not fit onto the connector that plugged into the CD autochanger. So I thought it must plug in up behind the highline monitor. I read up on how to take the monitor out and it was dead easy. I still could not figure out where to plug in the connects 2 thingy as the CD changer wires just go into a loom. After more reading I think the connects2 thing plugs into the audio unit in rear wheel well. You unplug the connector that goes to the CD changer and then plug in the connects2 device. This does not help much as I don't really want to be running wires from front to back.

The easy way out was a cassette adapter. I can put it in the cassette deck and just have a short wire going up above the eyebrow on the dash. So I bought one of these and tried the audio on the tablet. It is great. With a bit of fiddling and playing with the equaliser and base boost, I got the tablet to output the best audio I have had through the highline system. It still is not top class but it's not bad. I use a music app called N7 on the tablet and it is superb.

I could put the CD changer back in if I wanted, but I did not use it before so I think I will just be grateful for the extra space in the glove box.

I am now waiting for the adhesive pad to enable mounting the tablet and the I can try everything it in situe.

Old 29th August 2012, 09:17   #16
bryanfury75
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190 MK2

Wow, have you seen this setup ? A Nexus 7 in a Dodge Ram... Pretty impressive !
bryanfury75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 09:40   #17
aturi83
Loves to post

Peugeot 508

That combined with a dab head unit = job done! Puts me off buying a new head unit! What's needed is a "breakout" box to allow control of certain functions e.g a tuner that would allow hardware buttons to be used. The power of this tablet is way ahead of any of the aftermarket android units.
aturi83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 12:01   #18
bryanfury75
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190 MK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturi83 View Post
The power of this tablet is way ahead of any of the aftermarket android units.
+1 I have a Dynavin D95 Android unit and it's FAR from what you can get with a Nexus 7 (slow, poor hardware specs, prehistoric android) BUT you have AM/FM radio, TV and CD/DVD.

CD/DVD is not a problem but internet radios are not so great in a moving car.
bryanfury75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 17:01   #19
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

I'm still trying to mount this thing nicely. I will do a short vid when I have finished.

Edit: I just watched that video of the Dodge and yes that's pretty much it. My mount won't be a patch on that one but the apps he is running are pretty much what I want mine to do. The choice of apps is amazing, you can have several different music players or a few different sat nav apps. It really is like having a small pc or I suppose more accurate to say a small ipad (not that I have used one)

I have today managed to hook up a 60gb flash drive and am at this moment putting some videos on it.

I use this thing around the house quite a bit for email and when sitting in the lounge just browsing. I can even watch a film or iplayer if the wife is watching the dreaded soap operas.

I have tried it in the car and it is fine. Everything plays through the car audio so you can still use the in car controls on the steering wheel and dash.

Last edited by Rocket; 29th August 2012 at 17:22..
Old 30th August 2012, 09:45   #20
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

I just found this video. It shows a Nexus 7 in a car and shows a lot more of what the nexus can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdLi9wCFZ7M