Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th May 2014, 17:18   #41
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

FAO Cliff - not sure what had happened with the virus warning, but have downloaded anti-virus stuff now and my phone is fine!

With regard to Bubble. Been trying it this afternoon, and it does seem to work pretty well! Unlike other software I have tried it's not crashing and has the bonus that tracks on albums actually appear in the original order, not alphabetically. Nice! If it had a volume control, I'd be even more chuffed, but hey, being able to stream without hiccups is great

Also been trying out an iPad for the same job this afternoon (borrowed off my mum!) but had less success with that. I'm not an Apple person at all, and got more and more browned off when I found that although the iPad has iTunes on it, all that actually does is connect you to the iTunes store! I'm sure that if I downloaded stuff from there I could advance, but not been able to actually play anything through iTunes yet. I'm surprised that the native player on the iPad is not actually iTunes, as per the Windows version

I did find a way to get the iPad to play via iTunes, but it involved installing "Remote for iPad" and then using iTunes on my laptop with Network Sharing. This allowed me to control the music from a nice little screen on the iPad, but as it was going through my laptop, guess what happened? Yup, it stopped every 60 seconds!
Old 25th May 2014, 18:47   #42
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Good to hear you've got some progress. I'm like you - I don't really know the Apple side of things too well. I have an Apple iPod touch, but don't tend to use it much these days (other than in the car).

On Android there seems to be a plethora of apps that do a similar job to Bubble, but Bubble is the only one I've found so far that hasn't crashed on me - seems quite solid.

If you have a Google account, you can also store up to 20,000 mp3 tracks on Google music for free, so I've got a backup of my entire iTunes library there. Bubble will also stream direct from Google music which is another plus.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 22:22   #43
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Good to hear you've got some progress. I'm like you - I don't really know the Apple side of things too well. I have an Apple iPod touch, but don't tend to use it much these days (other than in the car).
Just a thought Cliff - do you know if the Touch model (as it has wi-fi) can be used to stream to a system such as mine, via it's built in player? Is the built in player (iTunes?) any good?

I know I didn't have any joy with the iPad (as there didn't appear to be a player!) but surely a 'Pod would do the trick? If so, want to sell it?!
Old 27th June 2014, 15:13   #44
Teflon
This is my second home

Hi Dave,

Not sure really. It supports Apple Air Play and DLNA, so I suppose in theory it should. I've always viewed it as a (very) small iPad, so if you have issues using the iPad, then who knows? I have to say though, the built in music player is not too bad.

My 'Touch tends to live in my wifes Mini these days, connected to the head unit, so not for sale unfortunately.

Cheers,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 27th June 2014, 17:18   #45
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

If it does AirPlay and DLNA then it sounds like it might do the trick! I'll probably have to just buy one and keep my fingers very tightly crossed!

Quote:
My 'Touch tends to live in my wifes Mini these days, connected to the head unit, so not for sale unfortunately.
Didn't really think you'd be wanting to sell, but one has to ask!
Old 27th June 2014, 17:25   #46
Teflon
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_dave&gill View Post
If it does AirPlay and DLNA then it sounds like it might do the trick! I'll probably have to just buy one and keep my fingers very tightly crossed!

Didn't really think you'd be wanting to sell, but one has to ask!
Make sure I'm right before you part with any money though!

No. 4 of 6
Old 27th June 2014, 17:33   #47
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Quote:
Make sure I'm right before you part with any money though!
I'll be asking the Hi-Fi company who sold me the Denon (HiFix, very helpful) as well as Denon themselves (not so helpful), so if it doesn't work, then I can have a good old whinge!

I'll also be looking at getting a second hand one rather than brand spanking new, save a few pennies!
Old 12th July 2014, 21:17   #48
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

I've now gone and got an iPod - which has sorted the streaming issues but thrown up a few questions! (see here)