Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd September 2013, 13:40   #11
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Obviously moving to an Android will result in a reliance on Google, its their platform and they run the marketplace. The difference is its all free or at least cheaper.

As for the iPhone 'just working' I give you Antennagate and Apple maps..
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:54   #12
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

I have iphone 4s on 3 network.

I like the phone for many things, but when the contract is up I wont have another for love nor money.

The one thing it cannot do reliably is...make phone calls! Doh! I have to apologise all the time to callers because I know that at least sometine in the conversation the call will be dropped. Its utterly ridiculous, I've never had a phone like it. Fancy, a phone that can do everything except...make phone calls. Internet is tripe too - I can sit on buses and trains, the person next to me (usualy with a Galaxy!) can be whizzing away happily, and I cant get connected.

I've never been so irritated with any device in my life, and I certainly wont ever have another Apple product. All the fancy screens in the world are no good if they cant get the basics right. I wish I had read the online reviews beforehand that highlighted the problems.

Sorry if that make me sound like Victor Meldrew, but clearly Apple is an aspirational technology instead of deliverable technology.
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:17   #13
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

I couldn't get on with the iPhone so swapped it for a galaxy note and love that

the wife also swapped her iPhone for a galaxy s3 and she hates it
she can't wait to go back to the iPhone
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:22   #14
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

OMG its a piece of cr@p!

Gave it an hour tonight, its just a random screen of junky looking icons with a million apps to do nothing much at all.

It first started to download my Gmail, it did this reverse order only showing the oldest 25 mails, good luck with that, there's over 1,000 in there!

Then it died as the shipped battery was flat, so had to charge up to reset it.

The system menu is tram smash, theres nothing logical about it at all.

Think I'll leave it to those who want to sit on an evening tweeking and messing about, instead of using it!

Returns bag ordered!
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:32   #15
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

I hate to say this, but it shows you are an iPhone user thats used to the phone being a set fixed way.

The point of Android is that if you dont like something you can change it. You can make it yours, beyond just fitting a case with a picture on it.

Dont like the layout? It can be changed, dont like the interface at all? It can be changed. There are near pefect replicas out there of everything from Nokia symbian through Windows phone and on to iOS 7, all possible without rooting.

Each to his own, but i find iOS repulsive and immensely frustrating, ive used the same layout for my Androids for a few years now, which I made to my requirements over the course of a weekend. Every now and then i might tweak it a bit or refine it, but its basically the way I want it to be to allow me to see what I need to see as fast as possible.
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:37   #16
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
OMG its a piece of cr@p!

Gave it an hour tonight, its just a random screen of junky looking icons with a million apps to do nothing much at all.

It first started to download my Gmail, it did this reverse order only showing the oldest 25 mails, good luck with that, there's over 1,000 in there!

Then it died as the shipped battery was flat, so had to charge up to reset it.

The system menu is tram smash, theres nothing logical about it at all.

Think I'll leave it to those who want to sit on an evening tweeking and messing about, instead of using it!

Returns bag ordered!
Like I said previosly Simon, better the devil you know.. Here's me sounding like a perfect Apple customer.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:50   #17
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
I hate to say this, but it shows you are an iPhone user thats used to the phone being a set fixed way.

The point of Android is that if you dont like something you can change it. You can make it yours, beyond just fitting a case with a picture on it.

Dont like the layout? It can be changed, dont like the interface at all? It can be changed. There are near pefect replicas out there of everything from Nokia symbian through Windows phone and on to iOS 7, all possible without rooting.

Each to his own, but i find iOS repulsive and immensely frustrating, ive used the same layout for my Androids for a few years now, which I made to my requirements over the course of a weekend. Every now and then i might tweak it a bit or refine it, but its basically the way I want it to be to allow me to see what I need to see as fast as possible.
I am more than happy to say I am Apple ingrained.

I genuinely don't think I am stupid when it comes to technology, but for example, where are the settings, err are they on the homepage, no, are they on the swipe screens, no, are the on page 3 in the apps shortcut, yes, that's where they are! (I know I can move them btw)

Which browser should I use, oh chrome, oh wait hear's another, oh look and another!

Sign in to Google account
There was another, which I have forgotten.

Rant done

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
Like I said previosly Simon, better the devil you know.. Here's me sounding like a perfect Apple customer.
Happy to sound like the same
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:11   #18
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG Tom View Post
I went from iPhone 3GS to Samsung Galaxy S4. I gave it about a month but I just hated it, so flogged it and bought a 4, and I couldn't be happier.

I kept my 3GS for 3 years and will probably keep my 4 until it dies.

I'm not a brand snob by any means (after all I drive an MG ), but the iPhone just works.

I love mine and see nothing on the market that would make me want to move to another platform.......Yet
Keeping all options open come contract renewal time of course
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:12   #19
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Each app has its own easily accessed setting menu. You shouldnt really need to use the main settings app very often anyway because most important things you would have on the home screen or notification pulldown, a feature iOS doesnt even have at all, yet (they did copy Android for iOS7).

Google account is the play account, which is your gmail account, you can ignore the Samsung account. If you have had an Android before once you sign in to google everything else falls into place automatically.

Dont you have to login to multiple accounts on iOS, if for example you have twitter, dropbox, etc?

The browsers give you choice, but use chrome. Why more than one? Because one isnt enough to cover all standards. Safari doesnt cover everything either.
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:15   #20
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovema75 View Post
I have iphone 4s on 3 network.

I like the phone for many things, but when the contract is up I wont have another for love nor money.

The one thing it cannot do reliably is...make phone calls! Doh! I have to apologise all the time to callers because I know that at least sometine in the conversation the call will be dropped. Its utterly ridiculous, I've never had a phone like it. Fancy, a phone that can do everything except...make phone calls. Internet is tripe too - I can sit on buses and trains, the person next to me (usualy with a Galaxy!) can be whizzing away happily, and I cant get connected.

I've never been so irritated with any device in my life, and I certainly wont ever have another Apple product. All the fancy screens in the world are no good if they cant get the basics right. I wish I had read the online reviews beforehand that highlighted the problems.

Sorry if that make me sound like Victor Meldrew, but clearly Apple is an aspirational technology instead of deliverable technology.
Strange as I'm on my third one and my second iPad and have never experienced any of the problems you have had
Perhaps the problems could be down to the network provider as opposed to the equipment!