Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th September 2014, 19:29   #1
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Default Ios 8

Just seen I have a notification of the new IOS8 rollout, wondered if anyone had updated and what they thought of it.

And no I don't want to know about android etc being better or worse!
Old 19th September 2014, 09:46   #2
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Shed View Post
Just seen I have a notification of the new IOS8 rollout, wondered if anyone had updated and what they thought of it.

And no I don't want to know about android etc being better or worse!
Hi Tony, I downloaded it this morning and immediately lost iPhoto. The editing suite which is now built into the camera roll edit is rubbish! The brushes for light and darkness, sharpness have gone completely. I decided to hold back on changing from icloud to iCloud Drive, as once you do this, you cannot use your iPhone, iPad etc to access the old cloud, unless you upgrade all of the devices to IOS 8 at the same time. I will have to get an app to paint in the light and precision.

The Financial Post advises iPhone 4 and 4s users not to upgrade to 8 even though the upgrade is possible, it is aimed for 5, 5C and above. Once IOS 8 is installed, that's it, no uninstall ......
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 10:05   #3
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

I upgraded on Wednesday, I have a 4S and it is fine, there are some quirky addon things but maybe they are just the things I don't use, I don't use icloud anyway because I use Google drive, this works on Android and iPhone and because I have Android tablets and PC's it works across the board. The editing suite in camera is not as good as the old version but who cares when you have Photoshop, time will tell for me if it was good or bad but up to yet no issues. A nice addition is that you can now use custom keyboards from the istore but I did read that the app makers can access everything you type so I am sticking with the original, predictive text has also been added.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 10:33   #4
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Big brother is really with us or is it the Matrix not sure which, but being paranoid isn't so bad these days after all tony
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 10:41   #5
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
Big brother is really with us or is it the Matrix not sure which, but being paranoid isn't so bad these days after all tony
If we all were off sick with paranoia I doubt there would be anyone at work .. hang on I think someone may be watching me ....
Old 19th September 2014, 10:43   #6
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
I upgraded on Wednesday, I have a 4S and it is fine, there are some quirky addon things but maybe they are just the things I don't use, I don't use icloud anyway because I use Google drive, this works on Android and iPhone and because I have Android tablets and PC's it works across the board. The editing suite in camera is not as good as the old version but who cares when you have Photoshop, time will tell for me if it was good or bad but up to yet no issues. A nice addition is that you can now use custom keyboards from the istore but I did read that the app makers can access everything you type so I am sticking with the original, predictive text has also been added.
It is handy to know your personal experience with the update and iPhone 4s, so nothing for us 4s users to worry about then. I use the iCloud and a wireless TB hard drive for back up. I do not have Android. I have photoshop but am new to it and still learning about it. I did like the old iPhoto interface as it was a piece of cake, clearly Apple thought it was out of date. Thanks for the heads up about the keyboard apps. I will not be getting any of those with the nose
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 10:47   #7
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
It is handy to know your personal experience with the update and iPhone 4s, so nothing for us 4s users to worry about then. I use the iCloud and a wireless TB hard drive for back up. I do not have Android. I have photoshop but am new to it and still learning about it. I did like the old iPhoto interface as it was a piece of cake, clearly Apple thought it was out of date. Thanks for the heads up about the keyboard apps. I will not be getting any of those with the nose

Yep no ill effects whatsoever - go for it.
Old 19th September 2014, 11:05   #8
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
If we all were off sick with paranoia I doubt there would be anyone at work .. hang on I think someone may be watching me ....
Sadly given the amount of CCTV cameras and fact your phone can be monitored even when switched off that may be true welcome to the brave new worldn
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 14:20   #9
KernowRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon, 2.5 V6

Quote:
The Financial Post advises iPhone 4 and 4s users not to upgrade to 8 even though the upgrade is possible, it is aimed for 5, 5C and above. Once IOS 8 is installed, that's it, no uninstall ......
I uploaded iOS 8.0 on my iPad2 last eveniing,but having made several attempts it will noot allow me to install it on my iPhone4.

Tom

The Walnut Bling King.

KernowRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 20:18   #10
Weso
I really should get out more.......

Mondeo ST TDCI Estate

Downloaded it to my 5S and my sons Ipad. Not the game changer I thought it was going to be but no issues either. Had to delete a few apps though to free up some memory though, think it needs 5.5GB of storage...
Weso is offline   Reply With Quote