Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th April 2018, 12:27   #111
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Hi Phil
I’ve just spent the last half hour viewing your “gallery” and have enjoyed it immensely. I would have run out of thanks by page 3 so thanks collectively for posting.
I’m also a bit of a classic music fan but I simply pick something from a list then play it. I have a Sonus speaker system throughout the house and use Napster to download my music.
A couple of weeks ago I came across Andre Rieu in concert I think it was Berlin, anyway towards the end a lady wearing a ball gown came out and played Highland Cathedral, on the bagpipes. It was amazing, I wish I could post a link but worth listening to. The tempo was a little slower than I’ve usual heard with the piece but still wonderful to hear.

I still have my old 8 track tapes up in the loft with the classical stuff I used to play at full volume. Well I still like to crank the volume up with the Sonus when the missus is out
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 06:29   #112
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
Hi Phil
I’ve just spent the last half hour viewing your “gallery” and have enjoyed it immensely. I would have run out of thanks by page 3 so thanks collectively for posting.
I’m also a bit of a classic music fan but I simply pick something from a list then play it. I have a Sonus speaker system throughout the house and use Napster to download my music.
A couple of weeks ago I came across Andre Rieu in concert I think it was Berlin, anyway towards the end a lady wearing a ball gown came out and played Highland Cathedral, on the bagpipes. It was amazing, I wish I could post a link but worth listening to. The tempo was a little slower than I’ve usual heard with the piece but still wonderful to hear.

I still have my old 8 track tapes up in the loft with the classical stuff I used to play at full volume. Well I still like to crank the volume up with the Sonus when the missus is out
https://youtu.be/VlkTjvldNzA

Good morning Jim and here is an uplifting start to the day in the above link: Andre Rieu, Amazing Grace, bagpipes. Get your hanky out

Thank you for the compliments about the photos. I have not been able to take any photos over the past few days became of the weather, heavy rains and 100% humidity.

Jim, you have a beautiful music system, state of the art which must give you a great deal of pleasure

I took this photo this morning. It looks like more rain is on the way, but we need it, so no complaints here,

Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 06:39   #113
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugubugu View Post
Amazing photo such from some digital move scene from another planet.
Can't believe is real place.
Regard for it.
Thank you very much. It does look surreal your right. The park for the animals is 55 square miles big and it is south of Nairobi on the city edge.
Here is a landscape view overlooking one of its swamps from “Observation Hill”

Old 12th April 2018, 06:56   #114
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
https://youtu.be/VlkTjvldNzA

Good morning Jim and here is an uplifting start to the day in the above link: Andre Rieu, Amazing Grace, bagpipes. Get your hanky out

Thank you for the compliments about the photos. I have not been able to take any photos over the past few days became of the weather, heavy rains and 100% humidity.

Jim, you have a beautiful music system, state of the art which must give you a great deal of pleasure

I took this photo this morning. It looks like more rain is on the way, but we need it, so no complaints here,

Good morning Phil!
Fight fire with fire - just jump in the pool
Old 12th April 2018, 08:40   #115
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Thank you so much for the link, I haven’t quite mastered how to do these.

I’ve just found it using Napster. It’s on the “Live in Australia” album
So I’m playing it just now throughout the house.
Amazing Grace was one of my mother's favourites.
The Sonus system I have is split into three zones two Play 1’s in the conservatory, 1 Play 1 in the family room but I’m shortly going to be adding another Play 1 then in the TV room I have a Soundbar and a Sub woofer.
Family room and TV are actually the same room but for music sake spit into two zones.
With Sonus you can have up to 9 zones ( I think) with different music in each zone if you wanted and can stream music all day long. With Napster I can play practically all music and songs that were ever recorded for just £10 per month.

It’s just finding the spare time to sit down, relax and listen.
The sun’s just come out so I’m about to fire up my project 75 after the cam belt change so I hope everything goes well.
Old 12th April 2018, 08:43   #116
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Forgot to say, the missus has booked us into The Gaiety Theatre in Ayr to listen to a live Andre’ Rieu concert later this summer.

Looking forward to it but would love to be at a live concert.
Old 17th April 2018, 08:40   #117
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Good morning Jim, good morning all. Jim have a wonderful time at the concert with your good lady, what a treat I have been out in the garden and meadow this morning after the rains, looking for the colour red and spotted some Fire Lilies growing in the long grass, Wild Red Orchids to name a couple. Others you will know.

Old 17th April 2018, 17:34   #118
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Hi Phil!
As I understand these flowers are wild-one, nit planted?
What a RED
Old 17th April 2018, 19:33   #119
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Moonflower very pretty, but also very poisonous ....

Some of the plants and trees growing here are medicinal and some are highly poisonous. One of the them growing in the forest is called the Poisoned Arrow Tree. We had to stop our guards tipping their arrows with the poison as I didn’t want any animal or human being killed by accidentally being shot with a poisonous arrow. I will look around tomorrow for the medicinal plants we have.

In answer to your question Hristo, some of the reds grow wild and some have been planted
Old 17th April 2018, 19:54   #120
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Lovely photos again Phil.

I appear to have made a mistake with the Andrei’ Rieu concert it being relayed to the Odeon Cinema in Kilmarnock not the Gaiety Theatre in Ayr. The concert itself is coming from Mastricht.
As long as we manage to get the date right we’ll be ok. Last year we arrived at the Gaiety and were seated then we realised we were a night early so had to leave. It was a totally different show that evening and it was only when the missus commented about the stage set up she realised her mistake.
We knew the lady who was guiding the patrons to their seats and she hadn’t actually checked our tickets as she was chatting to the the missus.