Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th December 2015, 15:39   #4381
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Got the PCV filter and gaskets changed between cloud bursts.
I also replaced the plastic leakback T pieces with brass ones and rerouted the pipes so I can get the PCV housing off without having to take them off next time.

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2015, 15:42   #4382
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freck View Post
Got the PCV filter and gaskets changed between cloud bursts.
I also replaced the plastic leakback T pieces with brass ones and rerouted the pipes so I can get the PCV housing off without having to take them off next time.
Were did you buy the brass ones Steve?
Old 20th December 2015, 15:54   #4383
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
Were did you buy the brass ones Steve?
I got a kit with new pipe from eBay. Came from a company in Darwen
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty...cAAOxyKsZRvyMz

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 13:31   #4384
jonvon999

MG ZT-T 180 SE

Fitted new radiator, fitted new seals to expansion cap and all seems well.
Fitted new handbrake compensator from Arctic.
Think front is going to have to come off again though as air con condenser doesn't look healthy.
jonvon999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 17:08   #4385
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Fixed the Sat Nav drive not powering off properly and flattening my battery, and then went and got four new tyres fitted, seeing as how I doubt Santa could fit them in my stocking.

Nexen N'Fera SU1's before anyone asks
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 17:14   #4386
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
So the weight of the subframe is carried on the two bolts left in, plus the damper?
Yes, that's about it

Much much much easier than the alternative, so as I have a bad back at the moment and lying on a cold windswept driveway I was quite happy to try it, after all no one would blink an eye at a clutch being changed on the car doing the same with the front subframe which is much heavier

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 21:35   #4387
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Yes, that's about it

Much much much easier than the alternative, so as I have a bad back at the moment and lying on a cold windswept driveway I was quite happy to try it, after all no one would blink an eye at a clutch being changed on the car doing the same with the front subframe which is much heavier

Brian
I havent done this before, but seen the font of all knowledge, 'the YouTube Video' on a spring change. The guy had it jacked up, pulled down on the arm, and the spring more or less twisted out, with it being uncompressed by its arm being pulled down. Does this not happen? Or was it because the guy in the video used a lift? I bow to your experience on this, I am being curious, and definitely not questioning your experience on it compared to YouTube!

Incidentally, if there was concern about the weight being held by the two bolts, a jack surely could be placed under the mounting point wound up just as the weight was being taken. But the bolts take a lot of that weight anyway, since the springs are acting upwards to the fulcrum of the arms. Maybe even more, as it would be pulling down at the fulcrum, each time the roadwheel moved upwards?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:07   #4388
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts
Default Headlight refurb.

Made a start on above,started off with 1600 grade w/d as they were so bad,then done the 3 stages recommended on box. Going through final polish stage when the rain returned. Can see a big improvement already. Used a £15 box from ASDA.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 19:11   #4389
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Cleaned the Yellow One but not the Silver One.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 19:57   #4390
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I havent done this before, but seen the font of all knowledge, 'the YouTube Video' on a spring change. The guy had it jacked up, pulled down on the arm, and the spring more or less twisted out, with it being uncompressed by its arm being pulled down. Does this not happen? Or was it because the guy in the video used a lift? I bow to your experience on this, I am being curious, and definitely not questioning your experience on it compared to YouTube!

Incidentally, if there was concern about the weight being held by the two bolts, a jack surely could be placed under the mounting point wound up just as the weight was being taken. But the bolts take a lot of that weight anyway, since the springs are acting upwards to the fulcrum of the arms. Maybe even more, as it would be pulling down at the fulcrum, each time the roadwheel moved upwards?
Hi Alan. I think I have seen the video you are talking about. The spring came out and was put back in very easy. That is the reason I wondered why Brian had done it that way. I suppose there are many ways of doing the same jobs on our cars, non of them wrong, only if damage occurs while doing them. I was wondering in the way Brian had left the two bolts out, whether any damage would be caused. to the other bolts or the anchor points for those bolts holding the subframe. Knowing How Brian has done more work in a day than I have done in 7 years to mine, perhaps I should have known better.