Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th July 2015, 09:32   #21
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Would you not agree that it would be better to have done this on a one to one basis rather than going public in the first place?
Take into consideration it was the weekend too and everone is entitled to their free time after the working week.
With the benefit of hindsight and our collective knowledge of the sort of person matt is and the sort of organisation DMGS is - this undoubtably would have been the better option Trevor - but a I said in my post - having been in a similar situation to Dallas - I flagged up a problem thinking I was dealing with a big trader like Rimmers/Craddocks/Halfords etc and was hit with the same verbal ****storm that Dallas has.

Now I know the true situation I understand how Matt works and am more than happy to use/recommend. But I also think Dallas should be cut-some-slack here.

The thread will wander off into oblivion as less people post -

With my thread - the title had "NOW SORTED" added to it.

It would be a shame to delete it as DMGS gets some fabulous recommendations from members.......
Old 11th July 2015, 09:41   #22
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Would you not agree that it would be better to have done this on a one to one basis rather than going public in the first place?
Take into consideration it was the weekend too and everone is entitled to their free time after the working week.

Don't forget Mat is one of us and has far more to loose than the big boys if we send feedback like this when we could sort it by other ways.
Everyone make mistakes no doubt yourself Dallas as well!!
Hi Trevor,
I can fully understand yours and other members views, but in all honesty please put yourselves in my situation, would you have voiced your unhappy shopping experience, I'm sure you would have (I cant see anything wrong with doing so).

I did message Matt, and I certainly do not want to fall out with the guy. But it is important to recognise a bad situation so improvements can be made, its important that we are all aware of situation such as this, why should other customers fall into the same situation?

Thank you for your input, very much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
Free speech is fine but please dont knock a man who probably gets it 95% right.
Victor, I am not knocking the man, as you have put it.

Last edited by Dallas; 11th July 2015 at 10:35..
Old 11th July 2015, 09:48   #23
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Hi Trevor,
I can fully understand yours and other members views, but in all honesty please put yourselves in my situation, would you have voiced your unhappy shopping experience, I'm sure you would have (I cant see anything wrong with doing so).

I did message Matt, and I certainly do not want to fall with the guy. But it is important to recognise a bad situation so improvements can be made, its important that we are all aware of situation such as this, why should other customers fall into the same situation?

Only trying to help.
Many thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 09:51   #24
Seafrost
Posted a thing or two

75 Connie SE 1.8 Manual Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Hi Trevor,

I did message Matt, and I certainly do not want to fall with the guy. But it is important to recognise a bad situation so improvements can be made, its important that we are all aware of situation such as this, why should other customers fall into the same situation?

And how far do standards or quality have to fall, and how many "silenced" customers does a trader have to have, before all members are made aware, or until the trader themselves realise they might unsuspectedly be supplying poorer quality items than they believe.....

I am not one for censorship.... I believe if everything is done in the open, then everyone can make an adult educated decision... and traders have the ability to show they are squeaky clean or as close to and remedy openly any issues....
This brush it under the carpet issue helps nobody.

Mat has been doing this for long enough now to take this on the chin, his client list is large enough... and I am pretty sure if he feels the items are not up to his usual standard of quality then he will deal with it... especially after all the warnings about "poor unboxed" products "fakes" etc on a recent Ebay, Amazon post...... I know for myself, I expect a Branded Item to arrive in the Branded Manufacturers Box....thats what I am paying for, so I know I am getting the correct branded item and that I can trust the quality.

Unless a breach of the forum rules has happened, then NO,.. no thread should be deleted.... closed yes...to allow "named" member time to respond. But again as usual here Member A) got verbal for speaking his mind.... Nobody has seen in the flesh the items in question, that is for Mat to sort out and explain why not retail boxed.

People seem happy here to slag off ECP, Halfords and the rest ALL the time... that appears to be acceptable and NOBODY cries Close the Thread or Delete it...
Old 11th July 2015, 09:52   #25
itchyfeet
Loves to post

MG ZT+ CDTi

I believe that all feedback is essential for any business.

Personally used DMGRS a few times and even with ordering at lunchtime, he still managed to get it shipped from England to Ireland all by lunch next day. That is fast. Takes Rimmers 2 days to get here. All products I have bought from DMGRS have all been working good.
Old 11th July 2015, 10:27   #26
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Firstly, this thread is not about DMGRS but about another thread/post. That being the case, whether others have received good service from DMGRS or not is totally irrelevant insofar that this thread and Ken's question is concerned. Perhaps such posts should be deleted from this thread for trying to divert the purpose of the original post?

We regularly get threads started by people who are not happy with some aspect of the service that they have received from a particular supplier.We accept such posts and sometimes even conrribute to the sentiments, rants, or whatever happens to be tone of the thread.

DMGRS is very and almost universally popular on this forum (although Matt and I have had our moments occasionally) but that should not determine how he or posts about him are treated differently to those about any other business or supplier.

So no, I do not believe that the thread in question should be deleted. but I applaud Ken for raising the question.

I do however feel that posts in the "members cars for sale" section commenting on others' asking prices should be automatically deleted. Further, if individual members persist in such behaviour they should be banned.
Old 11th July 2015, 11:38   #27
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I do however feel that posts in the "members cars for sale" section commenting on others' asking prices should be automatically deleted. Further, if individual members persist in such behaviour they should be banned.
TOTALLY agree with this...

Such comments are puerile, unhelpful and bordering on an attention deficit disorder IMO.
Old 11th July 2015, 11:47   #28
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

I think that is time for everyone to get back to normal,the sun is shining outside,perfect for tinkering with our cars

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Old 11th July 2015, 11:53   #29
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post

I think that is time for everyone to get back to normal,the sun is shining outside,perfect for tinkering with our cars
There are three types of people on here - those who can count - and those who can not..........
Old 11th July 2015, 12:02   #30
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

I just wanted to add a little not to clarify matters.

In my experience regarding small businesses and using the term 'the working week'. A small business, or any type of business for that matter is certainly not just a 9 to 5 job.

Working long hours, answering emails, taking late orders, attending lengthy meetings, going on courses that are right across the country, dealing with customer complaints etc, all comes with the territory I'm afraid.

Matt does come across as a decent honest chap, but please understand how let down I feel regarding my findings. Questions certainly need to be asked, and I am sure I will have my questions answered in due course.

Gentlemen, I am glad we can discuss this sensibly, much appreciated.

Last edited by Dallas; 11th July 2015 at 12:20..
Closed Thread