Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th November 2015, 19:16   #11
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
No, Mick, they will be aimed at me

I have had the audacity to criticise a member on here for his trading activities.

He in turn didn't like what I had to say, and has now spat out his dummy.

I have broad shoulders, and my conscience is clear

Brian
No it was NOT aimed at you Brian, you have done so much for the club and it's members that I would never be so crass or arrogant, it IS aimed at the drop in "friendliness" as a whole with the forums. I do believe that every member has a right to express their opinion and just because 2 people differ in an opinion doesn't necessarily make either member correct, in fact I agree that greed at the expense of other members is a the very least morally questionable behaviour.

Last edited by Vanbursta; 11th November 2015 at 19:21..
Old 11th November 2015, 19:19   #12
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROGGY View Post
Was this aimed at me?
I agree, sniping and bitching are not what we look for on a forum, but sometimes it is the only way to draw attention to problems.
For now I am going to desist from my spouting and resort to the law.
Mick
No it wasn't aimed at you Mick either, in fact I will publicly state it was a generalisation and aimed at NO ONE in particular. My aim was NEVER to cause offence or point the finger, it was simply to express how I feel about what is happening on the forums and how we should all try to get along with our common interest, I regret and apologise if any member feels that I was specifically aiming at them - as I said, I was not.
Old 11th November 2015, 19:23   #13
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I think you're hitting the nail on the head Steve we need to get back to the ethos & standards which used to exist on the forum, courtesy, respect, good manners, but that comes from the members, I'm certainly not qualified to instruct adults how to behave on an internet forum. Just my opinion btw
Old 11th November 2015, 19:33   #14
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default I for One..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanbursta View Post
No it wasn't aimed at you Mick either, in fact I will publicly state it was a generalisation and aimed at NO ONE in particular. My aim was NEVER to cause offence or point the finger, it was simply to express how I feel about what is happening on the forums and how we should all try to get along with our common interest, I regret and apologise if any member feels that I was specifically aiming at them - as I said, I was not.
In my eyes, it was an across the spectrum comment meant for all to see and digest. I see why sides are taken and it's an easy fix, let the mods deal with all matters that don't fit the Status Quo. I think that we as a group should concentrate on the cars, the rest has to be dealt with internally. I don't care who does what as long as I abide by the rules and, that has to go for every other member. If you twist or break the rules to bypass them, you'll get the message loud and clear. I do think it's right for traders to point out others that are trading but not `trading` It's just one of the issues raised that should be better Policed or PM'd privately. It would waste a lot less time as I'm actually doing now pointing it out.
Old 11th November 2015, 19:41   #15
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Great post from the O.P.

Nice one Steven
Old 11th November 2015, 20:02   #16
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

Surely the Club should take responsibility for sorting out problems of this nature.
From Christopher down to the Moderators, between them draw up a procedure that anyone with some form of grievance, raises it in the first instant with the Management Team and let them take appropriate action directly with the individuals concerned, thus hopefully nipping these unnecessary cat fights in the bud.
Nobody who truly supports the club for what it actually stands for, wishes to be subjected to reading through these kind of posts. It's not doing the Club any good and certainly not resolving the situation in a quiet, decent and diplomatic way.
So come on Management Team, please get your heads together for the sake of the Club, and draw up procedure that must be followed by all members who may wish to complain about others behaviour etc., which will once and for all, help to prevent this kind of on going warfare. I do not wish to see this kind of thing going on and on and am sure the rest of the membership do not either.
Anyone not following the said procedure, then their post on the subject what ever that may be, would not be permitted.
Regards
Telfer.

Last edited by Telferstr; 11th November 2015 at 20:10..
Old 11th November 2015, 20:07   #17
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

I think we need more moderators to help sort out some of the problems that keep rearing their heads!
Old 11th November 2015, 20:08   #18
Poggit
Gets stuck in

Nissan Leaf

If you surf the web you will find this club is held in high regards for its friendly, helpful attitude to all who seek help with their cars. I myself have only been a member for around three years but have benefited from the enormous wealth of freely given information imparted by various gurus-advice which has kept my beloved car on the road.
I have had the pleasure of meeting one such guru in person-Marina Brian , who I bought NT04 off, after needing to replace my original 75 after it was written off two years ago and whose wise council on the black arts of the ECU etc I have followed with interest on many forum threads.
Recently my clutch came to the end of its life and what could have ended up being a very expensive repair at a local garage was instead carried out with great efficiency an excellent price using the clutch replacement service of Mat at DMGRS -another trader on here whose help is invaluable .
Sometimes the differences of opinion aired on these forums can be quite a source of amusement for the bystander (special thanks to Shawn here) but once it starts to become personal and sniping the goodwill which is the true engine that drives this clubs success starts to falter and stall.

So to avoid terminal HGF of said engine can I suggest we all take a step back appreciate what we have here and playnice!

Last edited by Poggit; 11th November 2015 at 20:23..
Old 11th November 2015, 20:19   #19
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggit View Post
If you surf the web you will find this club is held in high regards for its friendly, helpful attitude to all who seek help with their cars. I myself have only been a member for around three years but have benefited from the enormous wealth of freely given information imparted by various gurus-advice which has kept my beloved car on the road.
I have had the pleasure of meeting one such guru in person-Marina Brian , who I bought NT04 off, after needing to replace my original 75 after it was written off two years ago and whose wise council on the black arts of the ECU etc I have followed with interest on many forum threads.
Recently my clutch came to the end of its life and what could have ended up being a very expensive repair at a local garage was instead was carried out with great efficiency an excellent price using the clutch replacement service of Mat at DMGRS -another trader on here whose help is invaluable .
Sometimes the differences of opinion aired on these forums can be quite a source of amusement for the bystander (special thanks to shawn here) but once it starts to become personal and sniping the goodwill which is the true engine that drives this clubs success starts to falter and stall.

So to avoid terminal HGF of said engine can I suggest we all take a step back appreciate what we have here and playnice!
Ran out of thanks Nick, well said

Brian
Old 11th November 2015, 22:14   #20
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
I'm certainly not qualified to instruct adults how to behave on an internet forum.
Pssssst Ronnie, I know you are getting on a bit mate, bit forgetful in your dotage and all that but you are a Mod, instructing adults how to behave on an internet forum is part of the job

I'll get me coat
Closed Thread