Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th March 2019, 20:00   #1
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts
Default Planning my inertnational trip Advise needed please. ;)

Hiya all need some advise please in regards too traveling abroad, Ian G Organised a meet in Holland how ever I was too late too book as I wasn't 100% certain I could make it, Tonight how ever he's given me the green light booked for not one but two weeks off

So I'll be making my way down also there's a ford Probe international meet so going too that and also the British classics which I really want too go, also few other places as well such as Germany.

Been looking online trying too find a good deal on hotels ferry's etc.
The question is before I even tempt too go what do I need in regards too EU requirements, Passport updated, High vis all checked, Breathalyzer kit got two of them and a warning tringle as well.

What other things do I need and any advise before I go overseas?

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 20:07   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vengeance View Post
Hiya all need some advise please in regards too traveling abroad, Ian G Organised a meet in Holland how ever I was too late too book as I wasn't 100% certain I could make it, Tonight how ever he's given me the green light booked for not one but two weeks off

So I'll be making my way down also there's a ford Probe international meet so going too that and also the British classics which I really want too go, also few other places as well such as Germany.

Been looking online trying too find a good deal on hotels ferry's etc.
The question is before I even tempt too go what do I need in regards too EU requirements, Passport updated, High vis all checked, Breathalyzer kit got two of them and a warning tringle as well.

What other things do I need and any advise before I go overseas?
HERE is the current driving advice regarding EU with the speculation for the B word, we were sent this for work reasons. I was sent this via work recently because living and working in Northern Ireland, there could be issues for us driving over the border with regards to insurance permits etc, whereas our insurance policies covered North and South automatically. So check with your insurance, in case you need any kind of permit/proof.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 20:07   #3
colintf
Posted a thing or two

ZT260SE TF160 ZT135+

The AA Website lists requirements country by country, it's very good

Be aware with brexit deal / no deal / no brexit etc requirements are in a state of constant change. For example if we leave with a no deal then you will probably need an insurance green card and an International Drivers Permit

Bon Voyage
MGCC Z Register Rep for V8 ZT / ZTT's
http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htmhttp://www.mgfregister.org/
colintf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 20:19   #4
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
HERE is the current driving advice regarding EU with the speculation for the B word, we were sent this for work reasons. I was sent this via work recently because living and working in Northern Ireland, there could be issues for us driving over the border with regards to insurance permits etc, whereas our insurance policies covered North and South automatically. So check with your insurance, in case you need any kind of permit/proof.
Just had a quick scan, A lot more too it then I thought, here's me thinking show your permit and card and be on your way how wrong was I too think it would be that simple.

Thanks for the link I need all the help I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colintf View Post
The AA Website lists requirements country by country, it's very good

Be aware with brexit deal / no deal / no brexit etc requirements are in a state of constant change. For example if we leave with a no deal then you will probably need an insurance green card and an International Drivers Permit

Bon Voyage
Thanks for that Colin.

Holly beep I didn't think about that very good point.

My heads in a spin already just seeing what I need to do.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 13th March 2019, 20:25   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

I don't think it will be that bad , however, for the next year or two, I would bet British cars will be a target for a while, and you'd be wise to have every t, crossed and i dotted.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Old 13th March 2019, 20:37   #6
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I don't think it will be that bad , however, for the next year or two, I would bet British cars will be a target for a while, and you'd be wise to have every t, crossed and i dotted.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
I'm looking forward too going and well I said last year I would so why not you only live once so go for it and that's what I'm going too do.

One more thing its about emissions I take it there pretty strict on that as well?

I'll be taking the Ford probe down and...………….. well There's no cat of any kind.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 13th March 2019, 20:45   #7
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
I'm looking forward too going and well I said last year I would so why not you only live once so go for it and that's what I'm going too do.

One more thing its about emissions I take it there pretty strict on that as well?

I'll be taking the Ford probe down and...………….. well There's no cat of any kind.
Good on ya Lordy, at least if you are in the probe, the old bill wont be looking at me
Old 13th March 2019, 20:53   #8
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Good on ya Lordy, at least if you are in the probe, the old bill wont be looking at me
Why what you bringing over. ?
Knowing my luck the old bill will think that a new fast and the furious film is being made and asking me for autographs thinking I'm part of the cast.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 13th March 2019, 21:14   #9
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:

I honestly dont know, but with British plates and RHD, the car is going to be a moving target for the local plods. As well having all of the required components to travel with, just make sure your car is as roadworthy as possible....... just in case. (I dont want to sound negative or sound like I am putting you off, I can just imagine there will be a bit of chaos for a while and uncertainty on the ground so to speak. So best to be forewarned and prepared rather than be inconvenienced whilst some local plod 'checks' something out).

One thing just reading a car parts site, they mention checking with local regs for dashcams

Old 13th March 2019, 22:22   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

things to consider ;-
Ehic card for medical care, up to date passport, travel insurance if ill, motor insurance for car

m,acafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote