Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th June 2020, 12:57   #1
Sdeh
Avid contributor

Manual Rover 75 S Reg, Rover 75 Auto, Rover SD1 2300S,

Default MGZT 190 V6 into a Rover 75

Okay I’ve been thinking next year when me and my dad get a workshop to do a full restoration on my Rover 75. Yes I’ve not had it long and it would be cheaper to buy a different car but it’s my first V6 I have ever owned so I have no intentions of replacing it with a different car. Like I have no intentions of selling the first car I ever bought when I was 9. This year I’m planning on doing some work on my first ever car my 1987 Mini Mayfair but I have no intentions of finishing it for a long time as I have no use for it. I am doing some work on my 1967 Morris Minor so I can use it when I pass my test anyway a bit of a side track. I’ve always liked a 190 ZT and nearly bought one 2 years ago for 600 quid and made the worse choice ever and bought a money pit Rover 75 Tourer. But now that I have a V6 I want a 190 one but in the same Spec as my 75 and I don’t see the point if I’m going to be spending loads making it show room condition. Why not make it my 75 that I’m proud of one thing I will put on it is a LPG conversion kit and a few other bits. I’m currently trying to find some parts for it for when I do restore it I have them already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomas
Sdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2020, 14:56   #2
colintf
Posted a thing or two

ZT260SE TF160 ZT135+

Can your engine be remapped to approx 190? Someone on here, or KMaps for example? Just a thought
MGCC Z Register Rep for V8 ZT / ZTT's
http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htmhttp://www.mgfregister.org/
colintf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2020, 18:41   #3
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Manual or Auto?

Wasn't the 190 de-tuned to 180 for the ZT/ZT-T Auto so as not to put strain on the Jatco transmission?
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2020, 19:19   #4
Sdeh
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post
Manual or Auto?

Wasn't the 190 de-tuned to 180 for the ZT/ZT-T Auto so as not to put strain on the Jatco transmission?

My 75 is the manual one and will stay that way even after I restore it

Thomas
Old 9th June 2020, 21:33   #5
SKS Disco
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER2003 View Post
Okay I’ve been thinking next year when me and my dad get a workshop to do a full restoration on my Rover 75. Yes I’ve not had it long and it would be cheaper to buy a different car but it’s my first V6 I have ever owned so I have no intentions of replacing it with a different car. Like I have no intentions of selling the first car I ever bought when I was 9. This year I’m planning on doing some work on my first ever car my 1987 Mini Mayfair but I have no intentions of finishing it for a long time as I have no use for it. I am doing some work on my 1967 Morris Minor so I can use it when I pass my test anyway a bit of a side track. I’ve always liked a 190 ZT and nearly bought one 2 years ago for 600 quid and made the worse choice ever and bought a money pit Rover 75 Tourer. But now that I have a V6 I want a 190 one but in the same Spec as my 75 and I don’t see the point if I’m going to be spending loads making it show room condition. Why not make it my 75 that I’m proud of one thing I will put on it is a LPG conversion kit and a few other bits. I’m currently trying to find some parts for it for when I do restore it I have them already.

So let me get this straight. At the moment you do not have a drivers license but are going straight to a V6 190 ?

All I can say is blooming good luck with the insurance on that matey..

Good Luck.
Old 10th June 2020, 09:01   #6
Sdeh
Avid contributor

Default MGZT 190 V6 into a Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS Disco View Post
So let me get this straight. At the moment you do not have a drivers license but are going straight to a V6 190 ?

All I can say is blooming good luck with the insurance on that matey..

Good Luck.

No I stated a few in that but that I’m working on a 1967 Morris Minor for when I pass my test this year what I’m saying is next year when I get a workshop next year I’m going to start doing a nut and bolt restoration on my 75 2.0 V6 and put a 190 V6 in it’ll take a few years as I’m getting rare stuff for it too like the Rover 75 Optional fridge and a few other rare bits so mine will be off the road for a long time

Thomas

Last edited by Sdeh; 10th June 2020 at 09:18..