Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th May 2021, 21:28   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Waxoyl Leeds

I have a mind to get my 75 Waxoyl treated and last December tracked down a company in Leeds Kirkstall/ Bramley), which I could actually get the car to - bearing in mind I would need to leave it and use the bus to get home.

I enquired in December, but they said it would be best delayed until the weather was warmer (soon?).

I wonder if anyone else might have a recomendation for a local place able to do it? I'm in Garforth.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2021, 06:29   #2
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I have a mind to get my 75 Waxoyl treated and last December tracked down a company in Leeds Kirkstall/ Bramley), which I could actually get the car to - bearing in mind I would need to leave it and use the bus to get home.

I wonder if anyone else might have a recomendation for a local place able to do it? I'm in Garforth.
Try looking for DINITROL treatment centers - a better product in my humble opinion!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2021, 14:22   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Try looking for DINITROL treatment centers - a better product in my humble opinion!

Kev

Ouch! Just short of £1000.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 20th May 2021, 14:58   #4
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

A bit further afield than you might like but how about these guys?

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=307322

Could always meet up for a cuppa if you decide to come down.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2021, 20:30   #5
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
A bit further afield than you might like but how about these guys?

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=307322

Could always meet up for a cuppa if you decide to come down.

That's a bit far, but thanks anyway.

The more local to me place, has quoted the same (£150-ish), but has said it takes 24 hours. Basically the steam clean, leave over night to dry thoroughly, then Waxoyl and he would only want to do it in the warmth of summer when it works best.

Old 21st May 2021, 14:35   #6
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

The reason the garage are saying do it in the summer is simply all moisture has to be got rid off - if you waxoyl over a chassis with moisture present it will cause problems with rust breeding under the waxoyl - so hot dry weather are the best conditions in which to do this job.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2021, 20:56   #7
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
That's a bit far, but thanks anyway.

The more local to me place, has quoted the same (£150-ish), but has said it takes 24 hours. Basically the steam clean, leave over night to dry thoroughly, then Waxoyl and he would only want to do it in the warmth of summer when it works best.
Well you've had the car a long while Harry so I guess just a few weeks longer will quickly pass by.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2021, 06:49   #8
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Well you've had the car a long while Harry so I guess just a few weeks longer will quickly pass by.---

The place will seem empty, whilst it's away for treatment. It has never been away from me before

Old 22nd May 2021, 10:54   #9
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Which company Harry? I'd like to get mine done this summer. I also need to get the headlining fixed as that's beginning to come away.

Quote:

I enquired in December, but they said it would be best delayed until the weather was warmer (soon?).

minty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2021, 21:15   #10
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
The place will seem empty, whilst it's away for treatment. It has never been away from me before
Oh!!!.---Don't be sad about it Harry.----

I just hope the item ( pictured below.) gets to you in good condition and cheers you up.-----
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cream-tea.jpg (122.8 KB, 11 views)
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote