Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th May 2021, 20:05   #1
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts
Thumbs up 6 door restoration project

So what's going on, well this is the former Mayor of Exeter's car. It was with Exeter Council from 2003 until August 2017.

Sadly things like the Exeter crest, flag and mayor's number plate was removed and moved onto a new BMW.

It was put up for auction, and shipped to Northern Ireland, when I found it shipped to Mallusk, just outside Belfast. And oh boy was it in a poor state then with 79.7k miles on it.

I made enquires, and found it had been sold onto a gentleman in Donegal, originally to be painted silver & black!

Well I dare say when it arrived they where shocked at it, as the photos of it at auction where vastly different to it in the flesh!

This was it in the auction where it sold for £2750, and when it arrived in Northern Ireland, another dealer sold it in for £4000, so a nice profit for him. I'd offered him £400 for the state of it!

http://bay2car.com/2003-ROVER-75-6-D...9497/car135529

Regardless I managed to get the buyers details, kept in contact with him, and helped him along with the car where possible.

I was downsizing my fleet a lot, I'd 11 a month ago, and I'd sold 3 of my 4 I'd for sale when I took the call about the car, and after a lot of talking it over with other half I made an arrangement to go lift it.

Now it had been used in Ireland but I've brought it home, put it through an mot, got a fail list and will be restoring it gradually over the summer. Its not a bad list, sills, a broken door handle and a horn malfunctioning. Not sure it will make the 60 day retest date but we will give it a go.

For those that missed the other thread, I've finally got the Irish funeral company graphics off as part of the deal, I said I'd remove them which as a former graphics fitter was no problem to myself.

Got a few photos of it here quickly and will do a video of it later showing the faults, how bad the sills are etc. Its going to be a bit of a restoration, but nothing extreme, it's just the size of the car is the issue.

Needs bits, trim, silly stuff, but nothing major once the sills are sorted. So that's the plan for now. Be a while before next update until its getting welded and I will try to document the work.

As you can see the headlining has been changed at some stage and a few other changes.

I'm sure many won't believe the state of the MacNeillie cars with a few years on them!
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote