Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th September 2021, 13:50   #41
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
And walking is even greener and cheaper ( but does take longer )

And, of course to support your thinking, the greenest car is the one that was not built and will never be built.

After all these years as a former member here, I have finally twigged that we have Soviet infiltrators on the forum. If one considers posts with this insight, it is not difficult to see that there are those who see everything as a government conspiracy.

To those people,

Добро пожаловать
Or, for the benefit of those who prefer to remain under cover, Salut Comrades.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2021, 13:55   #42
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I confess I did wonder how long the temptation to infiltrate with the 'P' would be resisted. You didn't quite make it though. 2/10.
Old 16th September 2021, 14:30   #43
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
And, of course to support your thinking, the greenest car is the one that was not built and will never be built.
Absolutely lol

As it stands though cars have been invented - thank goodness.
We are just home after a road trip in my Auris Hybrid and am about to go to the shops ( around 5 miles away) in our EV.
Better for the environment to walk I'm sure but the heavy bags, the weather and my back say otherwise.

Looking forward to taking the ZT or TF out at the weekend secure in the knowledge I'm doing my bit

I don't get the Soviet references but I'm sure they make sense to someone.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2021, 15:24   #44
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I am also doing my bit - my Omega V6 estate has just passed its MOT as it approaches the age of 23 later this month.

I feel there is a lot of one-dimensional thinking when it comes to the hybrid or EV vs ICV debate. In many cases it would make perfect sense to pass an existing car onto someone who needs to cover long distances without the benefit of charge points and to replace it with an EV. Change of car does not necessarily mean destruction of car.

I have driven an IONIQ and could not fault it as an enjoyable and efficient means of car transport.
Old 16th September 2021, 19:45   #45
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
The fact is that most planned change will have some negative side effects. If the planned changes can deliver greater positives than negatives within some constrained scope of application, e.g. pollution by ICEV vs EV in cities, then it would be irresponsible to fight such change.

The ultimate and only real solution to the rate of degradation being caused by humans and associated activity to our planet is, of course, to cull circa 75% of the human population - birth control measures have been ineffective and will continue to be so. However, I believe such measures would generally be considered socially unjust and unacceptable. So we must implement the small, socially acceptable, measures such as the aforementioned until nature itself achieves the ultimate.

I am off to protest about the introduction of catalyst converters to road vehicles as a form of governmental conspiracy to add complexity and cost to cars and thus deprive us car drivers of our freedoms.
Well Covid is giving it a go but us humans are just about cunning enough to circumvent it.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2021, 20:07   #46
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I have an issue with all the new modern tech (God I sound like my Gran) Long before I was old enough to take my driving test, I wanted to drive.. I wanted to drive a car, not to get from A to B, but to enjoy a drive.

I still enjoy a drive from time to time, the noise of the engine, the smell of fuel, I don't want to be driven by Mr Musk's or Google's latest idea, I want to get out and drive my noisy, oily, un-green car.
Old 16th September 2021, 20:18   #47
MSS
This is my second home

So you are not up for a Tesla Trike then Andy?

I would have thought that you were probably secret Renault Twizzy fan!
Old 16th September 2021, 20:36   #48
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
So you are not up for a Tesla Trike then Andy?

I would have thought that you were probably secret Renault Twizzy fan!
Only if its powered by a turbo'd Hayabusa engine
Old 16th September 2021, 21:32   #49
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I have an issue with all the new modern tech (God I sound like my Gran) Long before I was old enough to take my driving test, I wanted to drive.. I wanted to drive a car, not to get from A to B, but to enjoy a drive.

I still enjoy a drive from time to time, the noise of the engine, the smell of fuel, I don't want to be driven by Mr Musk's or Google's latest idea, I want to get out and drive my noisy, oily, un-green car.
Totally get that.
Our EV is lovely to drive and is the default for all local journeys.
My preference is either the TF or ZT. The ZT especially sounds better when the loud pedal is being used
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2021, 10:14   #50
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Well, Well, Well. I imagine the EV owners are hoping that the fire at the end of the cable that arrives from France ( the reason being, that we do not produce all our own electricity) wind power or renewables, will not happen during a very cold winter. Why? Because there will be a lot of EV’s by the side of the road unable to move because there is not enough electricity to go round to charge your ‘green’ vehicle. Have a laugh while you can because it will happen. And as an aside,the French can be a bit ‘awkward’ at the best of times. And now after the ‘nuclear sub debacle’ for them, they will love us even more..

Last edited by bl52krz; 17th September 2021 at 10:18.. Reason: Another comment added
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote