Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th November 2021, 21:03   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default New maps for double din

I mentioned it is another thread, but just in case anyone might have missed it....

I have managed to find a source for replacement completely up to date maps, for the Radioguy double-din WinCe system, running iGo Primo. Should anyone want them, I have a link - just email me direct, rather than message via the site. Right click on my on the left and choose email.

The new maps can be installed, leaving your Primo working just as before, but with a current up to date set of maps, using my instructions below. Most owners in the UK will want as a minimum the UK maps and Western Europe.

The installation process, once you have downloaded the maps is as follows...

Start by copying the entire contents of your existing Igo Primo memory card, to another spare memory card, then put the original one in a safe place. You will need to do the copy via a folder you set up on your PC. Only modify your spare card, so have a known to be working copy of Igo Primo if the worst happens and you get it wrong.

Now explore folder contents of your spare card. Click on Primo2, content - where you should find a long list of sub-folders.

Delete the entire contents of the following folders building + map + phoneme + poi + speedcam.

You then copy the same named copies of folders, found in the new maps folder. The maps folder shouldn't end up with any sub-folders, only files. The Western Europe general map, only contains files which need to be placed in the map folder alone.

Rather than what I had before, all of the detailed maps, I just put in the detailed UK maps and general Western Europe ones. The more maps you add in, the slower the unit boots up. Mine boots much faster now, with just this map set installed.

Enjoy...

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 13th November 2021 at 07:17..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 20:20   #2
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

My apologies if anyone has emailed me, but my ISP's (Plusnet) email server has been off line for the past two days and still is, with no clue as to how long it might be back on.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 14th November 2021, 19:06   #3
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

I would be interested if anyone knows of any winCe iGO 8 cards with the latest maps.Or where to download.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2021, 19:18   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I would be interested if anyone knows of any winCe iGO 8 cards with the latest maps.Or where to download.

I can help you out with Primo and latest maps - email me if that's any help..

Old 15th November 2021, 20:16   #5
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post

Should be the same as for Primo - any chance you can check your Maps SD card and see what folders are in there?
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2021, 00:03   #6
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
Should be the same as for Primo - any chance you can check your Maps SD card and see what folders are in there?

Hi

when I bought a new card with iGO 8 on it back in 2018 I noticed that other cards had Primo on but the maps were of a different format to iGO.Forgive me if I have missed something,not really clued up on this type of thing

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2021, 08:39   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post

Primo has....

Primo/contents +/

in which folder there are building, map, phoneme, poi and speedcam +

Where I have typed a + there are lots of other files and folders, but the important folders to replace with updated versions are those mentioned - building, map, phoneme, poi and speedcam. The entire contents of these folders needs to be deleted and the new content put in to replace them.

If anyone wants a copy of a full working copy of Primo, complete with latest maps, ready to put on a card - just email me.